Former Sabre Dominik Kahun Signs with Oilers 1 Year 975k

Brawndo

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

One of the things I’ve learned in my business career is that past performance is not predictive of future results.  Every situation is different and unique.  We have no idea if Jbot would have signed Hall.  That said, he likely would have made the Staal trade and likely would have let Larsson and Girgensons walk.  The Eakin and Rieder signings were very Jbot-ish. But no idea for sure.  It’s just speculation.  

Frankly its not even relevant anymore.  Jbot is gone and KA is here.  Still no upgrade in goal or re-balancing of the D.

The man's biggest flaw is he didn't add centres to the roster. We want to put the betting odds as likely he'd bring in a C substantially better than he had in his entire term?

Hell no. Cozens would have been at 2C, full stop. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But that is my point.  We had the opportunity this off-season to build closer to TB depth for very little cost and KA was so glued to his list that he really didn’t see the forest through the trees.  Don't get me wrong, I like what he did in general, but by not being patient and open to variations from his list, he ended up missing a great opportunity.  

Look guys could step up be it rebound or kids maturing it would have been nice to have some insurance.

But he was patient. He patiently kept the door open for Hall.

I like Kahun. I think Galchenyuk is a frustrating mess, but he's got talent. But they are far closer to Sheary/Vesey than they are Gourde/Coleman.

Kahun and Galchenyuk are more talented, but I think the Sabres were more in need of players like Eakin and Girgensons.

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

This still would not necessitate an overpay. 

The Girgs situation and the arguments around it are honestly so funny cause I don't think the overpay will hurt us. But it's basically like, Girgs - "I've done a lot for this team and I've been here a long time, I'll take no less than 1.6 million per" KA/Terry/Ralph - "I know that's a lot for his role, especially in this climate, but we can't afford to lose this guy. Just give him 2.2 to be sure and be done with it"

Girgs - "Done deal". 

Some people disagree with my belief that it was Krueger who was most influential in his signing. If that is the case then the signing at that price that most of us feel is high is a reflection that this is a player that the coach was determined not to lose. And as I stated before it is a priority for this team to improve its PK, a unit he plays on. The Girgs signing is a reflection of how this staff valued him in contrast to Larsson who stated that he had no communication in the offseason from the organization. 

The coach is trying alter the style of play of his team from a more finesse brand to a harder style of play.  The coach, staff and the owners wanted him to stay. So they gave him an offer that quickly sealed the deal. I agree that it was higher than expected but the people who are making the decisions believe that he is worth it. He got what he got. I'm not bothered by the contract.   

16 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Also Eakin vs. Haula.  Both are 29.  Eakin's last 3 years, 27, 41 and 15 pts.  Haula's 55, 7 (in 15 games - injury) and 24 pts.  Haula unsigned while we gave Eakin 2.25.  Haula is also better in the faceoff circle, but Eakin is also good.  Haula has also produced more, while getting less Ozone starts for his career (although LV used him more in the Ozone when he had his breakout season).  Haula will likely sign for 1.5 or less.  I'd rather have Haula anyway and to get Haula cheaper then Eakin would have been even better.

There’s just so many layers when we start talking about the ozone. 

On 11/2/2020 at 7:23 PM, JohnC said:

I appreciate your succinctness but why do you say that? 

On 11/2/2020 at 8:22 PM, Curt said:

Sometimes little birdies have a lot to say???

On 11/2/2020 at 9:31 PM, LGR4GM said:

What is jesus? I mean Terry.

For those who would like to see the Sabres move on from Risto, they should hope that He chooses to move on at the end of His Contract 

14 hours ago, Brawndo said:

For those who would like to see the Sabres move on from Risto, they should hope that He chooses to move on at the end of His Contract 

Been saying this for months. We are going to keep Risto, and play him top pair, if we at all can. Our best hope is he wants to go to UFA in a couple. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.