Sabres Sign Victor Olofsson to a 2 year 3.05 Million AAV Deal

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So once this is done, maybe that gives us a more final view of our cap stance and then KA can work with it and get a replacement for Hutton?

We will have 3-3.5 million under the cap, not including bonuses to work with if he decides to make something happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We will have 3-3.5 million under the cap, not including bonuses to work with if he decides to make something happen.

He's going to need to leave SOME money available to cover the inevitable ST injuries that cause a player to be unavailable to play but still count against the cap.  Am expecting the $'s he has to play with to get a GT upgrade are 1 of the RHD's cap hits plus whatever Hutton is making minus the ~$1.025MM that stays on the books should he be in Ra-cha-cha.

Expecting when all is said and done, the final move they make is bringing in a goalie upgrade.  Leaving ~$2-3MM in cap available to cover contingencies throughout the year but that most of it will be burned on STIR players & guys picked up at the trade deadline.  Also expecting we will see a bonus overage this season as Dahlin will almost definitely earn his entire bonus ~$2.875MM and Jokiharju & Cozens (or whatever guy on an ELC that beats him out) qualify for some bonuses as well.  Expecting that will end up @ $2-4MM off next year's cap.  And it'll be a good thing because he spent on an improved roster this year & having those bonuses will have meant the kids were contributors rather than passengers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, chloewoj said:

how we look with a 2 x 3.25 VO contract (click on the picture so you can see it clearly)

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 12.12.34 PM.png

Belated welcome to the board Chloe.

Please forgive the following rant.  

For the love of all that's good and holy, can we PLEASE stop listing Irwin as the 5th RD?!?!?  He's making this squad and is either the 3rd or 4th LD.  He's an LH shot and has played both sides.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

For the love of all that's good and holy, can we PLEASE stop listing Irwin as the 5th RD?!?!?  He's making this squad and is either the 3rd or 4th LD.  He's an LH shot and has played both sides.

hahaha i didn't change around the positions i just kept it as what capfriendly automatically generates...and i agree with you, he'll most likely be the 4th LD

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hell no, we are going to play 5 RHD and only 2 LHD all year. #Analytics 

I am curious to see if Irwin even makes the team. Borgen is going to want a spot and even with the left side still a mess, Irwin really should be used as a depth guy and not a starter. 

This is all heading toward the perfect scenario for TPEGS. They are going to be near the cap but the actual cash paid out before escrow is still going to be $5/6 million below plus escrow plus 10% deferral if he wants it.

And I know I’ve been a broken record but they will upgrade in net unless a confluence of events occurs that I’d bet are less then one percent of happening. Taylor Hall is a well connected as anyone in hockey. He doesn’t come here unless Raku explains how they are going to make this all work.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, rakish said:

As I understand it, the buyout window now opens for some length of time, yes?

I was looking at someone's calculation of Okposo's buyout numbers. They gotta be thinking about it.

There's a 2 day window now open to buyout one player if they chose to do so.

10 minutes ago, rakish said:

As I understand it, the buyout window now opens for some length of time, yes?

I was looking at someone's calculation of Okposo's buyout numbers. They gotta be thinking about it.

Looking at the breakdown it really doesn’t make any sense this summer.

You’re still absorbing a $4 million cap hit and you have to pay someone (likely someone worse) $1 million to replace him.

It might make more sense next summer.

Just now, Taro T said:

There's a 2 day window now open to buyout one player if they chose to do so.

Is that still the case even if they didn’t go to a hearing?

A read differently somewhere, but consider you a better source.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.