Ullmark Signed One Year 2.6 Million

Brawndo

8 hours ago, Thorny said:

It's not that he has nothing on the positive side of the ledger, but Botterill's hits to me include a potentially underrated drafting resume (as much as I disagreed with some of his well documented drafting biases) and a couple of good to great value somewhat under the radar deals (Jokijarju, and, oddly enough, Kahun). His navigation of the salary cap was drastically oversold, his blunder trades outweighed the positive ones, his best contract (Eichel) he didn't want to give out, and, most importantly, we were bad for 3 years. 

Botterill drafts were mediocre at best. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

And why would you think "high danger shots" appear ? 

Same reason they do for all teams. Our goalies are just much worse at stopping them.

15 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Ok. Agree to disagree. All good.

for clarity sake I’m not disagreeing with anything that you’re saying stat wise. I’m just of the belief that even if you had an upgrade in goaltending last year, The team in front of them were so bad that their numbers would be close to what Ullmark had. It’s OK that we disagree… No skin off my nose. 👍🏼

So you are saying if we had Dominik Hasek in his prime in goal we still would have had the same record?

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Same reason they do for all teams. Our goalies are just much worse at stopping them.

So you are saying if we had Dominik Hasek in his prime in goal we still would have had the same record?

The goalies that were in the discussion that could've been here instead of just Ullmark & Hutton did not include the all time greatest goalie ever.

Adding Lemieux in his prime. Bumping Eichel to 2C also would've had an effect on the clubs results commensurate to what Dom could've done.   But, even Carey Price w/ a still slightly bum knee isn't in Hasek's class.

• SDS unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Botterill drafts were mediocre at best. 

Considering how dumb his draft biases were, "mediocre" actually fits under my description of his drafts being somewhat underrated, potentially. I hated his draft strategy, I hope it's different with the new regime and was hoping we'd get proof of that this year. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

David Farrance is the name of a left handed defender the Sabres could have drafted when they went so far off the board Laakosnen wasn't even in the central registry. The draft is about value. 

Yeah but Laaksonen is having a really good season, and RHD were a league wide need at time of draft.    That we need a LHD now is a shame but I expect Bryson to be there in 2021-2022.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.