Reinhart signed, 1 year, $5.2 Million

tom webster

Interesting trivia: Sam is probably going to move into the top 30 in all-time Sabres scoring this year, passing guys like McKegney, Savard, Zhitnik, Bodger and Audette, and nipping at the heels of Connolly, Turgeon and Ramsey. And he should move well into the top 40 in franchise games played.

Jack should move into the top 15, ahead of Hawerchuk and Lafontaine.

• Thanks (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
21 hours ago, dudacek said:

Interesting trivia: Sam is probably going to move into the top 30 in all-time Sabres scoring this year, passing guys like McKegney, Savard, Zhitnik, Bodger and Audette, and nipping at the heels of Connolly, Turgeon and Ramsey. And he should move well into the top 40 in franchise games played.

Jack should move into the top 15, ahead of Hawerchuk and Lafontaine.

I'm sorry but I have been repeatedly told on this board that Reinhart isn't that good so this can't be possible. 

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm sorry but I have been repeatedly told on this board that Reinhart isn't that good so this can't be possible. 

I mean you can't act like the whole board has this view point. There's maybe a handful of people who don't like Reinhart

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 points in 15 games. The Sabres went 6/7/2. That's the results the last time Jack Eichel went out of the Sabres lineup for an extended period of time, and Sam Reinhart had no one to "carry" him.

47 points as a 20-year-old sophomore. That's what happened the last time Sam Reinhart played a season mostly away from Jack's side.

I'm not sure why people continue to say we've never seen what Sam can do without Eichel.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, dudacek said:

12 points in 15 games. The Sabres went 6/7/2. That's the results the last time Jack Eichel went out of the Sabres lineup for an extended period of time, and Sam Reinhart had no one to "carry" him.

47 points as a 20-year-old sophomore. That's what happened the last time Sam Reinhart played a season mostly away from Jack's side.

I'm not sure why people continue to say we've never seen what Sam can do without Eichel.

Because there is this narrative that Sam is slow and soft. It disregards all the facts counter to that and just plugs allow using the next available excuse to help justify its central premise. 

41 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I mean you can't act like the whole board has this view point. There's maybe a handful of people who don't like Reinhart

Not acting like it is the entire board but there is a vocal group of Sam haters who descend from on high whenever they perceive someone liking the player. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WildCard said:

4 hours ago, jsb said:

Calling out @MODO Hockey the Swede who looks like a meatball 😀😀

To be fair... MODO is more than a handful. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like this will be the make or break year for Sam as a Sabre.  At least that's how i see it.

I sure hope the Sabres can get into a playoff series because I'm so curious how Sam plays in one.

I like him and he is steady but I wonder if he can turn it up when needed.  I also would like to see a few more game winning goals from him.

4 hours ago, Cheektorado said:

Well it looks like this will be the make or break year for Sam as a Sabre.  At least that's how i see it.

I sure hope the Sabres can get into a playoff series because I'm so curious how Sam plays in one.

I like him and he is steady but I wonder if he can turn it up when needed.  I also would like to see a few more game winning goals from him.

In the playoffs ... I won’t need Sam to “turn it up”. I just want him to be the consistent straw that stirs the drink. Stay healthy, and contribute.
As far as “game winning goals”, meh, as long as he’s assisting on goals or putting them in himself, I couldn’t care less if they ended up being game winning goals. At least no more or less than caring about Eichel, Hall, Skinner, Olofsson, Staal or any other player on the roster doing the same.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.