How do you watch Sabres games?

I-90 W

In the era of cord cutting, there seems to be a variety of different ways to follow the team.

Personally, because of blackout restrictions I stream the games from Reddit. Also am getting Sling next week so will have NHL Network for highlights and NBC Sports for national games and playoffs. 

I had spectrum. Had the cable boxes. Price got too high.

Switched to FuboTV thru Roku device.

Three months later spectrum slashed their rates and wanted me back. 

Now I’m back to streaming spectrum thru Roku device. Comparing spectrum rate over three months ago to today .... I’m saving $60 a month. So it was worth leaving spectrum for three months.

5 hours ago, I-90 W said:

In the era of cord cutting, there seems to be a variety of different ways to follow the team.

Personally, because of blackout restrictions I stream the games from Reddit. Also am getting Sling next week so will have NHL Network for highlights and NBC Sports for national games and playoffs. 

I thought reddit closed that group and started clamping down middle of last season?  In any case, same, but different source for links.  Also subscribe to center ice for non sabres and use their excellent xbox app to consume. 

5 hours ago, I-90 W said:

PM the new Reddit location please?  As mentioned, the old reddit group essentially shut down.  Since then I've used various sources with limited satisfaction.

Direct TV -Center Ice package.  It's usually around $130-150/annually.  West Coast start times are usually 4-4:30pm so I DVR and watch after dinner.  Family First.  Turn the phone off, so text messages don't tip me off.  I can't tell you how many times I've picked up a call from my 80 year-old father where he asks if I've seen the game yet, followed by "Don't bother" before I can answer.  Gotta love him.  Drives him crazy to wait for me to get home from work and not watch live when he visits.   

The other benefit of Center Ice is the complete pre and post game shows on Saturdays for HNiC.   Love the Canadian broadcast.  Saturday nights after the Sabres game ends, I love watching the West Coast game.  Only time I get shut out it when it's a Ducks or Kings game.  We are forced to watch the local broadcast. 

Let me look on them with my own eyes. And typically through the rose-colored glasses in my helmet, while drinking something tasty, via the NHL.tv account.

And once a year in person in Vancouver, until 2021-22 when it'll be twice a year in Vancouver and Seattle.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1

Center Ice/NHL.tv/whatever the internet version is called.

Up until we moved almost three years ago, we had Center Ice through DirecTV.  It was fine I suppose.

When we moved we signed on with Charter Spectrum for TV and Internet.  When I did my research it looked like you could get Center Ice like DirecTV has.  But when we moved we found out that wasn't the case.  So I got the NHL.tv subscription and watch the games on my TV via Roku stick.

I just really wish the league (or whoever) would lift the blackout restrictions. I’m nearly 4 hours from Buffalo and have 5-6 NHL teams that are geographically closer yet Sabres games are still blacked out. 

Would love to pay for Center Ice but they won’t take my money. 

8 hours ago, I-90 W said:

I just really wish the league (or whoever) would lift the blackout restrictions. I’m nearly 4 hours from Buffalo and have 5-6 NHL teams that are geographically closer yet Sabres games are still blacked out. 

Would love to pay for Center Ice but they won’t take my money. 

It is frustrating but if NHL is your #1 it's such a great value.  Love getting the homer feeds from the west coast teams. Youngsters ain't gonna relate, but for me it's a little bit like listening to the AM radio at night pre-internet, escaping into some foreign land.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Getpucksdeep said:

It is frustrating but if NHL is your #1 it's such a great value.  Love getting the homer feeds from the west coast teams. Youngsters ain't gonna relate, but for me it's a little bit like listening to the AM radio at night pre-internet, escaping into some foreign land.  

NHL is definitely my #1 sport, just won’t get it because I won’t be able to see Sabres games on it. NHL Network and NBCSN will satisfy to follow the rest of the league for me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.