New Sabres Alternate Jersey?

Andrew Amerk

Just now, I-90 W said:

Yeah, agreed. The whole point of a third jersey (I think) is to be different and niche. Fourth is overkill.

Last year's thirds are amazing, keep those for at least a few more seasons before trying someting different.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, inkman said:

Seriously, people need lay off the goat head.  Such an iconic traditional logo and everyone wants to make some 90s hip hop crap their beacon of hope. 

Hip hop crap???

Seriously, goathead is sweet.  I wouldn’t want to go back to it full time, but as a 3rd?  Heck ya!

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Shmuffalo said:

Well I guess I can, kinda, take my a buddy's word that deals with this stuff to an extent... said Vegas would be red and Anaheim would be their throwback breaking through the ice;  Said the Sabres' jersey is royal blue/gold goathead jersey. Put the Sabres in the top 5 with the Blues, Pens, and Vegas; Buddy isn't a Sabres fan... however, his take on Vegas gives me pause.  Take it for what its worth... I can't verify without likely getting him/her in trouble (not that they would see this or likely care).

Excited for this. I hope it being inverted doesn't make it look weird though. 

19 hours ago, I-90 W said:

It would make sense but not feeling a blue and gold goat head; it’s like either do it or don’t do it lol. 

I've always wanted to see a blue and gold version. 

Not as much as I've wanted to see the red and black back as an alternate, but in a year where we are getting the biggest thing, the return to royal, I'm fine with saving the red/black goat head return for a potential future date. 

There could also be a thing where you can't have different colors on your alternate, in which case I dunno if or when we'd see the red/blacks back as an alternate, at all. But that rule seems to be fuzzy. 

6 hours ago, inkman said:

You must not be from Buffalo. All self respecting Buffalonians cannot say a route or highway designation without “the” preceding it.  

You know, I've never really thought about that, but you're (in my experience) correct.  In Rochester, we say "I'm on 390" or "there's an accident on 490."  When I get over to the Buffalo area, it's "there's an accident on the 190."  Weird (both that it's true and that I never noticed that before.)

16 hours ago, Taro T said:

YOU must not be from Buffalo.  Everyone knows it's the 90; not the EYE 90. 😉

You mean the Thomas E. Dewey Thruway?  That thoroughfare?  That’s what I call it, but then again haven’t lived there in 25 years.  

...and I support the Goat.  Make it la tercera camisa!

Edited by Broken Ankles
about the Jersey
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

You mean the Thomas E. Dewey Thuway?  That thoroughfare?  That’s what I call it, but then again haven’t lived there in 25 years.  

...and I support the Goat.  Make it la tercera camisa!

Well, when we really want to mess w/ out of towners they're referred to as the Thruway, the Main Line, the Youngman,  the Kensington, & the Scajacquada.  But usually just the 90, the 190, etc.  😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Curt said:

Hip hop crap???

Yes. The Sabres were trying to glom onto the trend that was everything early nineties.  Black. Black logos, black hats, black jerseys. See the Raiders, White Sox, Falcons, Rockies and I’m sure I’m forgetting a host of others. 

The whole concept was rooted in a cash grab. What do the kids want?  Black *****. Awww yeah do I got a logo for you.  

20 hours ago, carpandean said:

You know, I've never really thought about that, but you're (in my experience) correct.  In Rochester, we say "I'm on 390" or "there's an accident on 490."  When I get over to the Buffalo area, it's "there's an accident on the 190."  Weird (both that it's true and that I never noticed that before.)

Being from Rochester, it sounds so alien to hear it.  It immediately jumps out in any conversation.  Don’t even get me started with Canadian coins. 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Yes. The Sabres were trying to glom onto the trend that was everything early nineties.  Black. Black logos, black hats, black jerseys. See the Raiders, White Sox, Falcons, Rockies and I’m sure I’m forgetting a host of others. 

The whole concept was rooted in a cash grab. What do the kids want?  Black *****. Awww yeah do I got a logo for you.  

Yeah, black jerseys went through a popular phase.  I just didn’t get what that had to do with hip hop.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

See the history of NWA in popular culture 

Ahh, I never really made that connection.  Regardless then, it was a style that had entered mainstream popular culture.  The connection was tangential.  It’s not as if the Buffalo Sabres were specifically trying to attract fans of hip hop/rap.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Ahh, I never really made that connection.  Regardless then, it was a style that had entered mainstream popular culture.  The connection was tangential. It’s not as if the Buffalo Sabres were specifically trying to attract fans of hip hop/rap.

Not positive about that.  Dougie Moss' girlfriend was directly responsible for the color change & she was, in fact, a wicked witch; so no telling who she was attempting to attract/appease other than the criminals.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.