New Sabres Alternate Jersey?

Andrew Amerk

This might get half of you excited, and the other half upset. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/buffalo-sabres-goat-head-jersey-alternate/   

The Buffalo Sabres are expected to release “reverse retro” uniforms as part of the NHL’s rumoured modern-day throwback jersey program.”

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Honestly I miss the Buffaslug. Became a fan in 07-08 and it reminds me of happier times; playoffs, Miller, Vanek etc

Those were good times. Though I do feel like we are on the cusp of more good times ahead.

Remember when we were sick of being a bubble team? Miss those bubble days. 

Edited by I-90 W
Typo

Well I guess I can, kinda, take my a buddy's word that deals with this stuff to an extent... said Vegas would be red and Anaheim would be their throwback breaking through the ice;  Said the Sabres' jersey is royal blue/gold goathead jersey. Put the Sabres in the top 5 with the Blues, Pens, and Vegas; Buddy isn't a Sabres fan... however, his take on Vegas gives me pause.  Take it for what its worth... I can't verify without likely getting him/her in trouble (not that they would see this or likely care).

Edited by Shmuffalo

6 minutes ago, Shmuffalo said:

Well I guess I can, kinda, take my a buddy's word that deals with this stuff to an extent... said Vegas would be red and Anaheim would be their throwback breaking through the ice;  Said the Sabres' jersey is royal blue/gold goathead jersey. Put the Sabres in the top 5 with the Blues, Pens, and Vegas; Buddy isn't a Sabres fan... however, his take on Vegas gives me pause.  Take it for what its worth... I can't verify without likely getting him/her in trouble (not that they would see this or likely care).

It would make sense but not feeling a blue and gold goat head; it’s like either do it or don’t do it lol. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

A royal goat head would be fine and interesting.  

But when you’re getting into this realm of “inverted” jerseys - then what? A yellow goat head jersey?

A white jersey with current colors makes the most sense aesthetically

Edited by Shmuffalo

9 hours ago, I-90 W said:

It would make sense but not feeling a blue and gold goat head; it’s like either do it or don’t do it lol. 

:censored:

9 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

A royal goat head would be fine and interesting. 

But when you’re getting into this realm of “inverted” jerseys - then what? A yellow goat head jersey?

👍

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

This might get half of you excited, and the other half upset. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/buffalo-sabres-goat-head-jersey-alternate/   

The Buffalo Sabres are expected to release “reverse retro” uniforms as part of the NHL’s rumoured modern-day throwback jersey program.”

Was there originally a picture or illustration of the jersey on this page?  Not seeing it.

14 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Honestly I miss the Buffaslug. Became a fan in 07-08 and it reminds me of happier times; playoffs, Miller, Vanek etc

Those were good times. Though I do feel like we are on the cusp of more good times ahead.

Remember when we were sick of being a bubble team? Miss those bubble days. 

You must not be from Buffalo. All self respecting Buffalonians cannot say a route or highway designation without “the” preceding it.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.