2020-'21 Sabres Prospects

Taro T

5 minutes ago, OhMyDahlin said:

I didn't know where to put this, but here is Button's list of top prospects outside the NHL...

JJ Peterka makes the list, Jack Quinn doesn't.

https://www.tsn.ca/detroit-red-wings-blue-chippers-montreal-canadiens-cole-caufield-headline-top-75-prospects-list-1.1617205

Ryan Johnson also does make the list and I honestly think that is a mistake. He had a good season. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, OhMyDahlin said:

I didn't know where to put this, but here is Button's list of top prospects outside the NHL...

https://www.tsn.ca/detroit-red-wings-blue-chippers-montreal-canadiens-cole-caufield-headline-top-75-prospects-list-1.1617205

Button was a huge Quinn booster last year.

He's played 16 games since — 7 in the WJC and 9 in the AHL.

That's a drunken internet fan level "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, OhMyDahlin said:

Button agrees with me? 

I change my mind Quinn will be way better 

43 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Ryan Johnson also does make the list and I honestly think that is a mistake. He had a good season. 

Sounds like Quinn 

50 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Button was a huge Quinn booster last year.

He's played 16 games since — 7 in the WJC and 9 in the AHL.

That's a drunken internet fan level "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately."

I agree

25 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Button agrees with me? 

I change my mind Quinn will be way better 

Sounds like Quinn 

Quinn's had a mediocre season from all accounts 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I agree

Quinn's had a mediocre season from all accounts 

I thought you were arguing something different because your post said does*

sounded like you were saying him making it was a mistake, so the "he had a good year" read to me like "he had one good year slow down"

which brought me to Quinn. Not this year, but last year. 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, OhMyDahlin said:

Portillo doesn't make this list but Dustin Wolf (the Sabres should have drafted him) does... this list kinda sucks. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Portillo doesn't make this list but Dustin Wolf (the Sabres should have drafted him) does... this list kinda sucks. 

Having our highest guy ranked 40th is a bit disconcerting but he does weirdly leave off Quinn like people said 

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Having our highest guy ranked 40th is a bit disconcerting but he does weirdly leave off Quinn like people said 

I am not surprised that we start around the 40s. We draft like idiots and do it often and repeatedly. Nylander instead of Sergachev. Quinn instead of Rossi. Johnson instead of Robertson. It's a pattern of being cute and thinking we're smart as opposed to be cold and hard about prospects. They have major drafting issues and I think their analytics guy contributes to it. 

It probably won't happen this year but by next year I hope to have text analysis software for my job and I want to use that type of qualitative software with prospect reports to see what pops. I figure if I can put 4-5 written reports into text analysis it would be interesting. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

JJ Peterka. #77

Just keep using the words controlled zone exits/entries...  please... please.

Now, just don't let the coach take that away from the player when they get to the NHL.

4 apples are nice, but I am far more interested in controlling the puck. 

Nothing new, but I am really liking the diverse skill sets of Buffalo’s group of young D.

Dahlin-Jokiharju 

Bryson-Borgen

Samuelsson-Laaksonen

Johnson-Fitzgerald

This group contains a couple versions of pretty much every type of defenseman, and a nice mix of L and R, all still currently on their ELC.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We should be talking more about JJ Peterka. 

JJ has yet to sign, correct? When are we expecting him to come over?

Also, can't find a DEL NHLe calculator, how does JJ's 20 points in 30 DEL games compare to Quinn's 9 points in 15 AHL games?

How much better is the AHL than the DEL?

(Big fan of what I've seen from both these guys.)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.