2020-'21 Sabres Prospects

Taro T

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Rather presumptuous isn't this?  Do you know Team Canada's policies?  The fact that both players chose to sit out when given a choice by the coach and that the coach even came up to them about it seems to indicate they are all okay with this.  But somehow, from your chair, this is all wrong?

When the coach makes a suggestion that is more of an  explicit request over something that has nothing to do with anything that was done wrong then this manufactured scene is a bush league act of exhibiting authority over the players. He was trying to show a hard arse authority over players who are vying to make the team and earn playing time. To me this seems like old school bull shiiit in order to make an impression.  Call me unimpressed.  

7 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

There will be no politics coming from this man... But when the board has turned to a solid discussion on players being "late" to practice, we need some damn hockey 

No doubt. Although I’m worried we’re about to hear about a labor dispute rather than on ice hockey. 

47 minutes ago, chloewoj said:

dylan cozens is absolutely flying in the team canada selection camp game. he controls the game every single time he steps onto the ice. pure dominance. wish i could say the same thing about quinn in this game...

Yea, I think the talent is there with Quinn but Cozens has that confidence to just dominate. Quinn may get there, we will have to see. 

Just watched the first on delay. I didn't think Cozens was dominant, but he certainly is noticeable. He's just bigger and faster and more advanced than pretty much everyone else so he draws the eye.

He also made two very nice set-up plays on the PP — one a behind-the-back drop pass on the tape, the other, a great hesitation to open the lane before he threaded a perfect dart across the slot to set up the one-timer. Each of which showed the type of playmaking ability critics suggest he doesn't have.

Quinn is much less noticeable in that the puck isn't on his stick nearly as much. The one time he carried it on an exit he skated into traffic and coughed it up for a scoring chance the other way. He did however have two very good scoring chances of his own: a quick snapper from the right circle and a well-timed deflection through the slot. He seems positionally sound and goes to the dirty areas and was relatively successful on the PK.

EDIT: And then Cozens opens the 2nd with a brilliant homerun pass from the defensive slot to send McMichael in on the breakaway.

Edited by dudacek

34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And Cozens answers the very next shift with a beautiful set-up to Seth Jarvis. 4-1 White.then he blocks a shot for good measure.

Seth Jarvis you say? The player we should have drafted at 8. 

36 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Kirby Dach is the best player on the ice.

I'd hope so. He played against NHL talent last year. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Seth Jarvis you say? The player we should have drafted at 8.

Not from what I've seen today.

I mean I haven't been watching him as closely as Quinn and Cozens obviously, but he's not stood out.

Really, none of the 2020 picks have, not even Byfield.

It's true what they say about this being a 19-year-old tourney.

Along with Dach the other stud has been Bowen Byrum.

Just now, dudacek said:

Edited by dudacek

Quinn had his best period in the 3rd. They moved him up with Byfield late when they were pressing for the tying goal, including with the goalie pulled and you can tell he really wanted to be there, getting into scoring position and demanding the puck. The empty-netters will make him a minus on the score sheet, but I was pretty happy with his game, especially as the game went on.

it was really nice to watch a hockey game again. It is late November after all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.