Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

3 minutes ago, jsb said:

I thought that was why there was a taxi squad and AHL players, next man up is my solution. 

Yeah, me too.

If Dallas six guys with COVID, shouldn’t they have at least 30 other guys available to ice a team?

And where does it say they need 20? They’d be at a disadvantage over time, but they can compete with 15.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Yeah, me too.

If Dallas six guys with COVID, shouldn’t they have at least 30 other guys available to ice a team?

And where does it say they need 20? They’d be at a disadvantage over time, but they can compete with 15.

In the CBA.  😉

(Yes, in an emergency they can go under that, but doubt a week's worth of notice that the roster will miss guys they'd rather have playing in place of their taxi squad (or even lesser skilled) players would or should count as an "emergency.")

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This seems like good value for Barzal but at the same time quite a high price for a bridge deal. 

4 hours ago, I-90 W said:

This is an interesting stat; Staal is one more empty net away from being tied in the all time top five. 

96D957AD-8FCB-4C53-AF2E-18DBD8F129B7.jpeg

Jack should be able to get onto this list. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Shootica said:

I had the same thought.  But I'd imagine their TV partners would be throwing fits over forfeited games.  Lost revenues would make that a last, last resort.

Sure, but if you look at schedules I'm not sure where the openings are to fit in any other games without trying 3 games in 3 days, etc.  Double-header?  One game played at 10am and another at 7pm?  The 10am isn't going to due the broadcast viewership much good.  hard to say all around.

To me they call up the next players and go. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Did the CBA change how contracts work? I though you couldn’t have a salary for one year be less than half of the highest year. I could be just misremembering though.

You're close.

For non-front loaded contracts, the 2nd year can't be more than twice the 1st year salary, and subsequent raises can't be greater than the smaller of those 2 years' salaries.  This meets those conditions.  (And decreases in subsequent years couldn't be more than  50% of the lower of those 1st 2 years' salaries.  Not relevant to this situation, but included for completeness.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

You're close.

For non-front loaded contracts, the 2nd year can't be more than twice the 1st year salary, and subsequent raises can't be greater than the smaller of those 2 years' salaries.  This meets those conditions.  (And decreases in subsequent years couldn't be more than  50% of the lower of those 1st 2 years' salaries.  Not relevant to this situation, but included for completeness.)

4m

7m

10m

"Under the terms of the CBA extension, the qualifying offer required is the lower of the final-year salary or 120% of the AAV.  In this case, 120% of the AAV is $8.4MM so that will represent his qualifier in the 2023 offseason."

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

That list would indicate otherwise. 

Either that, or he wasn't particularly good at it.  😉

Not being in the top 9 in NHL history in ENG proves your point? Satan is at or near the top in that category in Sabres history. So much so that he was ridiculed for it by Rob Ray when Satan returned to Buffalo — because that's when Miro would bust his hump to score a goal, or something. Makes no sense. You don't score 238 goals for one team in a dead puck era by being a lazy bum.

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Not being in the top 9 in NHL history in ENG proves your point? Satan is at or near the top in that category in Sabres history. So much so that he was ridiculed for it by Rob Ray when Satan returned to Buffalo — because that's when Miro would bust his hump to score a goal, or something. Makes no sense. You don't score 238 goals for one team in a dead puck era by being a lazy bum.

Your penchant for feigning outrage still amazes.  It truly is a gift you have there.

30 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

No reason to attack. If you don't want to talk about Miro's ENG's that's fine.

No attack.  Merely commending you for your faux outrage.  It is still impressive after all this time.

"How DARE you make a joke at Miro's expense?!?  How dare, you, indeed."

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Oh, they're all special.  Would be far more interested in having you regale us w/ your top 10.

I can do better. He had 16 in his career.

It seems Miro's mistake was not being born in Clarence or Beaver Bay, Ontario. Or maybe it was the unibrow.

• Haha (+1) 1