Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

1 hour ago, Curt said:

You mean to say that it’s bland?  Never been, but that’s not the impression that I’ve always gotten.

Seinfeld reference.  But yeah, I can't see it being too interesting.  I imagine it as Indianapolis with less sunshine and more coffee.

Edited by Eleven

15 hours ago, Eleven said:

Seinfeld reference.  But yeah, I can't see it being too interesting.  I imagine it as Indianapolis with less sunshine and more coffee.

Indianapolis? Let me read it like Jim Mora saying "playoffs?"  Indianapolis?! 🍺
Of course, what's interesting is highly subjective.

On 1/5/2021 at 12:42 PM, Scottysabres said:

I don't like Seattle in the NHL anyways, that town just doesn't have the right "feel" for an NHL town.

Is that cause those duck boat tours go on water not ice? 

I don't have a clue what you mean by "feel" but I like Seattle and see an instant Vancouver Seattle rivalry and the chances of a very solid and successful franchise. 

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Is that cause those duck boat tours go on water not ice? 

I don't have a clue what you mean by "feel" but I like Seattle and see an instant Vancouver Seattle rivalry and the chances of a very solid and successful franchise. 

I worked there for a couple of years back 10 yrs ago. I just didn't feel the blue collar type rowdy crowd I've felt in other hockey towns.

18 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I worked there for a couple of years back 10 yrs ago. I just didn't feel the blue collar type rowdy crowd I've felt in other hockey towns.

Have you seen the crowds and parades for their MLS Soccer team?? They play their cards right and that'll become a hockey town sooner than later, just keep JB away from hockey decisions

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yes, mildly surprising.  Bergeron plays w/ class.  The Rat Faced Git embodies what that team is all about.

Ya, I know as a Sabres fan you're supposed to feel that way, but I wish our organization was half as good as theirs. There is such incredible comradery on that team, unity, everybody wants to be there and nobody wants to leave. All you have to do is watch their NHL news feed vs. ours or many other teams and you see the numerous community activities and team events and you realize it's an entirely different culture.  Say what you want, but it is to be emulated, not scoffed at.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The WHL announced it will play a minimum 24 game season. Once TC start for the WHL, Rochester is not an option for Cozens 

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Then I guess he plays here because I can't see any advantage in him playing 24 games in the WHL

I can't him playing in the WHL either, seeing how Rochester is in the AHL. 😉

I'd rather the league just give teams who can't ice a team the "L" in the schedule and move on.

With the jammed schedule already any changes in schedule are going to have significant ramifications and it will only get worse if the game that was moved suddenly needs to be moved again because the other team had infections.

It's a tough way to operate, but these are tough times.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, LTS said:

I'd rather the league just give teams who can't ice a team the "L" in the schedule and move on.

With the jammed schedule already any changes in schedule are going to have significant ramifications and it will only get worse if the game that was moved suddenly needs to be moved again because the other team had infections.

It's a tough way to operate, but these are tough times.

I had the same thought.  But I'd imagine their TV partners would be throwing fits over forfeited games.  Lost revenues would make that a last, last resort.