Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

12 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

And to think the Sabres past on Draisaitl and selected Reinhart the year before.

although Sam was rated above Draisaitl...I do wonder how differently things would be if we got McDavid? Also would Draisaitl be anywhere near as effective if we had drafted him? Oh well McDavid had a goal and 3 assists last night to hit 100 even with 3 more games to go! AMAZING 

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

Jack Eichel is a peasant compared to Connor McDavid. Holy *****.

I think everyone is, at this point.

It's almost unfair McDavid is getting to beat up on the North division for 56 straight games. I wouldn't be surprised if this season represents the best points per game of his career. 

What a season.

59 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

although Sam was rated above Draisaitl...I do wonder how differently things would be if we got McDavid? Also would Draisaitl be anywhere near as effective if we had drafted him? Oh well McDavid had a goal and 3 assists last night to hit 100 even with 3 more games to go! AMAZING 

In fairness, in spite of a chasm between McDavid and Eichel, there is barely a side-walk crack between the Oilers results and ours, since. They've made the playoffs, what, once? 

And that's with the gap between McDavid and Eichel AND Draisaitl and Reinhart. Their fan experience, if you measure it in playoffs wins, has been largely similar to ours, anyways. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

I think everyone is, at this point.

It's almost unfair McDavid is getting to beat up on the North division for 56 straight games. I wouldn't be surprised if this season represents the best points per game of his career. 

What a season.

In fairness, in spite of a chasm between McDavid and Eichel, there is barely a side-walk crack between the Oilers results and ours, since. They've made the playoffs, what, once? 

And that's with the gap between McDavid and Eichel AND Draisaitl and Reinhart. Their fan experience, if you measure it in playoffs wins, has been largely similar to ours, anyways. 

yup.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Norcal said:

I know. They have deep roots and it's important to them. 

Yes, and due to this, he set himself up for this contract. He made it so he had zero leverage. In fact, if I were their owner, I would’ve have budged from $1.5M. 

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Everything that matters is decided. Going to be so boring waiting ages for the playoffs. League should drop the Canucks games. There's no fans allowed anyway. Pointless. 

Yeah true but it might affect lottery ,draft  position for people

Sam Bennett holds the franchise record for the best start (most points) in a 10 game period for the Panthers surpassing Pavel Bure. Wow! 

6g-9a-15p +12

Edited by Norcal
  • Like (+1) 1

Hall was on fire tonight. He has really clicked with Krejci which is what was supposed to have happened with Eichel. So it brings up the question to my mind, was Eichel injured game 1, OR had he asked for a trade during the off season and not being granted his wish checked out and then shut himself down with the injury first excuse chance he got and hence the disconnect as the team was already pissed he hadn't given it his all after they got him the winger and so they felt it wasn't that bad and it was an excuse?  Then obviously Hall checked out and forced his outcome.

Hard to believe Hall came here with the idea of checking out, seeing as he was playing for his next contract. If this was his masterplan guy is a villain, but also a genius.  

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Hall was on fire tonight. He has really clicked with Krejci which is what was supposed to have happened with Eichel. So it brings up the question to my mind, was Eichel injured game 1, OR had he asked for a trade during the off season and not being granted his wish checked out and then shut himself down with the injury first excuse chance he got and hence the disconnect as the team was already pissed he hadn't given it his all after they got him the winger and so they felt it wasn't that bad and it was an excuse?  Then obviously Hall checked out and forced his outcome.

Hard to believe Hall came here with the idea of checking out, seeing as he was playing for his next contract. If this was his masterplan guy is a villain, but also a genius.  

Apparently according to Eichel, Jack was injured from last year + a preseason injury + more injuries 🤷‍♂️