Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Is anyone really up for the ***** Leafs celebrating playoff wins on OUR ice? Think Boston would host the Yankees?

Yes I think they absolutely would if the circumstances dictated it. But any event that would cause the Yankees not to play at Yankee Stadium would be an event that paused baseball as a whole such as 9/11. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Hall now with 2 goals in 2 games. 

Don’t care ... does anyone? I mean enough to want to keep track?

how is Ennis doing? Gerbe? Staal? Rodrigues? Sheary? McNabb? Pu? Lazar? Scandella? Montour? Ellie? Larsson? Bogo? Nylander? Vesey? 😂

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

how is Ennis doing? Gerbe? Staal? Rodrigues? Sheary? McNabb? Pu? Lazar? Scandella? Montour? Ellie? Larsson? Bogo? Nylander? Vesey? 😂

.and Kane, ROR, Kulikov, Sekera, Foligno, Peterson, Compher, Zadorov, Armia.

Thats all I’ve got off the top of my head.  😂

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I’m not “keeping track.” I’m watching the Bruins-Isles game. 

This is the “Around the NHL” thread, isn’t it? 😂😂🤦‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

They just showed a replay in the Ducks/Knights game. It was clear that Hayden Fleury got hit squarely in the nuts by the puck.

Are we really in a place where the announcers can't just say, "boy, you're glad you have a cup on a play like that."

No, apparently, "He had the wind knocked out of him."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Ducky said:

Chevy gets another player to take a team friendly deal and Lowry extends for a 5 x 3.25m deal.

Almost as team friendly as Wheeler’s 😉

Lowry’s is a nice one though, def 

Edited by Thorny

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I checked...

1g 5a for Hall in his first 3 games in Buffalo. 

even with 2 goals in 2 games they can have him...and Boston is known to trade before signing players to huge contracts and I doubt Hall will get 5X$6mil or anything close from the B's (or anyone else for that matter). I'll be curious to see if anybody signs him unless he takes far less both in term & money

5 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

even with 2 goals in 2 games they can have him...and Boston is known to trade before signing players to huge contracts and I doubt Hall will get 5X$6mil or anything close from the B's (or anyone else for that matter). I'll be curious to see if anybody signs him unless he takes far less both in term & money

I’ll bet some team in the league takes a chance on Hall for AT LEAST 6mil/per. And I bet it’s for more than one year.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Wait. Keith Yandle is still playing in the NHL?!

Good lord.

He's gotta be competing with Marleau for that % played against history thing, no?

Yandle has played 908 consecutive games and has played in parts of 15 seasons in the NHL. An amazing career and he's still "only" 34 years old. In order to catch Patrick Marleau's record of games played he would need to play every single game for the rest of this season, every single game for nine more seasons.

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

Yandle has played 908 consecutive games and has played in parts of 15 seasons in the NHL. An amazing career and he's still "only" 34 years old. In order to catch Patrick Marleau's record of games played he would need to play every single game for the rest of this season, every single game for nine more seasons.

Wow. That is crazy.