Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

8 minutes ago, Kong said:

I'd like to see how Staal is going to replace Gallagher. (out broken thumb) Good luck Habs.

They have Cole Caufield coming in too.  I hear his shortness/60 stats are off the charts.  Perfect Gallagher replacement.

• Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Staal is probably my most hated Sabre of all time.   He was absolute trash and contributed zero leadership.  Seems like was trying tk llay his way out of town from day one.

over 50 years of Sabre hockey and you pick a guy who was on the team a couple of months?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Staal is probably my most hated Sabre of all time.   He was absolute trash and contributed zero leadership.  Seems like was trying tk llay his way out of town from day one.

And now all of Canada will hate him too because he's not Brendan Gallagher and sucks at hockey now

23 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I can name that tune in one word:  Slava.

• Like (+1) 1

where the heck did this Jack Campbell come from? 10 wins in a row for the Laughs who are sure enjoying beating up on inferior teams up here in the Great White North (where it is over 70 degrees today). Wild destroy Avs 8-3. Wow

Edited by Sabre fan

1 hour ago, Sabre fan said:

where the heck did this Jack Campbell come from? 10 wins in a row for the Laughs who are sure enjoying beating up on inferior teams up here in the Great White North (where it is over 70 degrees today). Wild destroy Avs 8-3. Wow

Jack Campbell came from the 11th overall pick in the 2010 draft.  He was supposed to be the next superstar goalie 10 years ago, but his career has been derailed by injuries. He can’t stay healthy, but as you can see from his current performance, he is still very talented.  Happy for him.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

To me Brandon Montour has to be more valuable than an at best 4th defensemen who is a defensive style only player.

I would take Savard every day of the week over Montour.  In fact, he is the perfect guy I'd like to see signed as a UFA this summer...assuming term of only 2-3 years.

Pair each of McCabe, Savard, and Borgen with Bryson, Dahlin & Joker.  Not sure where Risto fits into next season in this scenario.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

@PR_NHL: Jonas Johansson made 28 saves to record the first shutout of his NHL career and help the @Avalanche (27-9-4, 58 points) leapfrog idle Carolina (27-9-3, 57 points) for first place in the League standings. #NHLStats https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1380741175401979904/photo/1

....and there you have it. Smh.

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

@PR_NHL: Jonas Johansson made 28 saves to record the first shutout of his NHL career and help the @Avalanche (27-9-4, 58 points) leapfrog idle Carolina (27-9-3, 57 points) for first place in the League standings. #NHLStats https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1380741175401979904/photo/1

....and there you have it. Smh.

And he's allowed only three goals in three starts out there.

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That's not what I had heard on the radio; I'll trust you.

He has allowed 4, 2, and 0 goals in his three starts.  Then he also had a strange game where he came in for the last ~13 mins of a blowout loss and allowed a goal on the only shot he faced.

Just now, Curt said:

He has allowed 4, 2, and 0 goals in his three starts.  Then he also had a strange game where he came in for the last ~13 mins of a blowout loss and allowed a goal on the only shot he faced.

From what we were watching , its marked improvement.

A shutout didn't seem possible here.

Just now, Norcal said:

From what we were watching , its marked improvement.

A shutout didn't seem possible here.

Colorado played a good game in front of him the expected goals against was only ~1.5, of course you still need to make the saves.

• Like (+1) 1