Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

I thought the Jets would have a 6 game layoff because of the Canucks games not being played but the NHL has scheduled a game with the Sens tomorrow that was scheduled for the 7th of May. It was part of a b2b so I guess the Jets benefit?

12 hours ago, LaPerreausek said:

It's their choice to vaccinate Comrade 

I'm not sure if the NHL can buy vaccines or not but considering their ages, the players are not eligible for the vaccine yet.

11 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I'm not sure if the NHL can buy vaccines or not but considering their ages, the players are not eligible for the vaccine yet.

Many places are at the point where they can’t schedule last minute patients when people cancel. Both my 16+ kids got their first shot. It’s because centers can’t find enough eligible adults with a couple hour notice when someone doesn’t show. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SDS said:

Many places are at the point where they can’t schedule last minute patients when people cancel. Both my 16+ kids got their first shot. It’s because centers can’t find enough eligible adults with a couple hour notice when someone doesn’t show. 

I have not heard of this happening in B.C.

We are significantly behind you in the percentage of population being vaccinated and the regular population stream of vaccinations is still above 70. The Canucks would not have been eligible until June based on the plan our government is following.

Edited by dudacek

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

There's several NBA teams that have been fully vaccinated already.   NHL, like NBA, is high risk because it's a contact sport indoors, in a small confined space. 

4 hours ago, SDS said:

Sad, I've patiently waited for well over a month now. 

47 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Sad, I've patiently waited for well over a month now. 

I would call places and look to be on a cancel list if you think you have the ability to get somewhere in short order. Centers need ready and willing people to fill in so they don’t waste doses when people don’t show. 

• Like (+1) 1

THIS IS NOT A APRIL FOOL's JOKE...repeat this is NOT a April fool's joke...final Detroit 5 Tampa Bay 1...in other news big trade between Jackets & Jets seems to be helping no one...strange. Laine is not producing and Jets keep losing

Edited by Sabre fan
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

After coaching the first two periods they decide to remove him? Little late now, don't ya think? 

Well, they could have left him on the bench for the 3rd I guess.  What if they did not find out the information until the end of the 2nd?

This is a perceptive group who wants to figure things out. Has anyone else noticed that Skinner has been dropping his stick fairly often lately? (maybe not last game but the last few games)...maybe it's just me hallucinating. I asked a coach friend of mine and he said If he's been dropping his stick often lately, it could be that he's dealing with a hand, finger or wrist injury. That didn't occur to me...My friend slowed down the play and noticed the ref not making the call (the ref was only a few feet away). It doesn't mean that Skinner isn't playing hurt (teams are notoriously non-specific about disclosing exact injuries) but another factor is the refs aren't working with replays like we are. 

The plot thickens: the gif replay below shows Skinner knowing that he's going to block the puck and get a breakaway, but takes one hand off his stick when he gets it chopped out of his hand. 

IMO it should have been a penalty shot.

http://coachchic2.s3.amazonaws.com/New CCcom-2020/SiteWork/Skinner-StickLoss.gif

Edited by Kong

6 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

THIS IS NOT A APRIL FOOL's JOKE...repeat this is NOT a April fool's joke...final Detroit 5 Tampa Bay 1...in other news big trade between Jackets & Jets seems to be helping no one...strange. Laine is not producing and Jets keep losing

Tampa had to start a no name goalie and he gave up five goals on seventeen shots. Even a great team can’t win with terrible goaltending 

Is there a good goalie shortage? 

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Tampa had to start a no name goalie and he gave up five goals on seventeen shots. Even a great team can’t win with terrible goaltending 

Is there a good goalie shortage? 

does that not mean that Linus is very valuable and we should re-sign him? I keep hearing some who say we should trade him but seems everybody is now looking for goaltending help 

• Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone watching MTL-EDM? Staal on the power play, turns the puck over to Draisaitl, gets a hooking call, negates the man advantage. Off to a great start.

Ha. I turned it on but it was late first, I got distracted during the intermission and didn't go back. Hopefully he continued sucking. 

25 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Ha. I turned it on but it was late first, I got distracted during the intermission and didn't go back. Hopefully he continued sucking. 

No such luck. He Staal gets the OT winner. The Oil blow a 2-0 lead.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1