Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

PLD and a 3rd isn't enough for Laine alone never mind throwing in Roslo.

PLD better be a 1C or the Jets lose this trade. Two RWers off of the roster with an aging Wheeler as the only top 6 RWer?

I guess if Laine wanted out this isn't bad but I don't think it is enough.

He plays better D than he gets credit for. Ehlers plays the best D of our top 4 wingers but Laine is 2nd.

Laine might be gone in 3 years and PLD in 4...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

PLD and a 3rd isn't enough for Laine alone never mind throwing in Roslo.

PLD better be a 1C or the Jets lose this trade. Two RWers off of the roster with an aging Wheeler as the only top 6 RWer?

I guess if Laine wanted out this isn't bad but I don't think it is enough.

He plays better D than he gets credit for. Ehlers plays the best D of our top 4 wingers but Laine is 2nd.

Laine might be gone in 3 years and PLD in 4...

Dubois’s Father being an Asst Coach with the Manitoba Moose might help with his retention. 

The analytics have this favoring the Jets as the winner.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Dubois’s Father being an Asst Coach with the Manitoba Moose might help with his retention. 

The analytics have this favoring the Jets as the winner.

For what it's worth, here in Jets land it's much, much more so disappointment with the deal at this juncture. 

The analytics point on Laine is true but there have been signs of life on that front recently, and it should be remembered that Laine is only 22. If the Laine we saw early this year is the Laine going forward, he's a better player than PLD. That's an if, though. 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

For what it's worth, here in Jets land it's much, much more so disappointment with the deal at this juncture. 

The analytics point on Laine is true but there have been signs of life on that front recently, and it should be remembered that Laine is only 22. If the Laine we saw early this year is the Laine going forward, he's a better player than PLD. That's an if, though. 

This is what I was referring too 

The Jets will have more room on their cap that's for sure. If PLD re-signs long term for 8mish, I'll be happy.

This gives us crazy depth for the center position with Scheif PLD Stastny Lowry and Copp if needed. Also, I think they are trying Harkins at center tonight. My guess would be Maurice plays Stastny LW and stacks the top 6 once PLD goes through his quarantine...I wouldn't...I'd play Stastny at center.

I am interested to see how much Laine re-signs for.

18 minutes ago, Ducky said:

The Jets will have more room on their cap that's for sure. If PLD re-signs long term for 8mish, I'll be happy.

This gives us crazy depth for the center position with Scheif PLD Stastny Lowry and Copp if needed. Also, I think they are trying Harkins at center tonight. My guess would be Maurice plays Stastny LW and stacks the top 6 once PLD goes through his quarantine...I wouldn't...I'd play Stastny at center.

I am interested to see how much Laine re-signs for.

You win in the playoffs with C depth, and with this division alignment, this season might be the Jets best shot at it. 

I certainly like it from that point of view for the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

You win in the playoffs with C depth, and with this division alignment, this season might be the Jets best shot at it. 

I still think G is more important than C in the playoffs, but the Jets have that covered.

On 1/23/2021 at 4:07 PM, Thorny said:

At least Chevy shouldn't be trading away our 2021 1st for a 2C at the TD.

Edited by Ducky
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Thorny said:

How olds PLD. If Laine can be better at 22, so can PLD.

Scheduling only one game on a low-sports night is a lot dumber than scheduling a bunch of games on Championship Sunday.  Someone needs to hit Bettman over the head with a folding table.  What in the world else is on?  The Brooklyn Nets v the Miami Heat?  Geez.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

Scheduling only one game on a low-sports night is a lot dumber than scheduling a bunch of games on Championship Sunday.  Someone needs to hit Bettman over the head with a folding table.  What in the world else is on?  The Brooklyn Nets v the Miami Heat?  Geez.

And doubling down and scheduling 13 games the day after 

Not sure if anyone else caught the St. Louis- Las Vegas game tonight but that had to be one of the most exciting 5 minute OT I can remember. Just an awesome back and forth after LV scored the tying goal at the end of regulation. Just a great game. Lehner is still bad at shoot outs or at least in this one.