Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

5 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

One name, 2 yrs left on current contract, expensive but proven worthy. Marc Andre Fluery

I just read from a 'hockey rumors' site that the Sabres may have a deal being worked out for him.habe no idea if the site is reliable, but it's one of those rumors that could make sense. Says it would be a big deal with picks and prospects and Vegas would need to retain salary. Would also make sense if Ullmark is expected to be out for a while.

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

I just read from a 'hockey rumors' site that the Sabres may have a deal being worked out for him.habe no idea if the site is reliable, but it's one of those rumors that could make sense. Says it would be a big deal with picks and prospects and Vegas would need to retain salary. Would also make sense if Ullmark is expected to be out for a while.

Have no idea, but, earlier this past fall TSN was talking about Vegas wanting to move him. If he's available I don't know now, but he's definitely an upgrade.

38 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Have no idea, but, earlier this past fall TSN was talking about Vegas wanting to move him. If he's available I don't know now, but he's definitely an upgrade.

It was always widely speculated that they were going to move him, but sounded like no one would take him without Vegas retaining salary, and the whole reason for moving him was to save cap space. 

When he was in Pittsburgh I always though of him as 'overrated', but he has looked good in Vegas. There aren't many that i would view as a downgrade to Hutton and I don't think Ullmark is going to be anything more then a very good backup/1b type. Fleury/Ullmark Tandem would be pretty good

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

So we think all we need is a goalie and it'll be worth sending off a bunch of picks and prospects to get him? Well.........I suppose it would depend on the picks and the prospects  Our cupboard isn't exactly overflowing so the idea scares me in terms of the future. 

Picks are expendable except for the number 1.   I would hate to lose prospects for a goalie that will be gone in 2 years.  

Edited by Pimlach

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Pretty sure Vegas held on to Fleury with the idea of waiting for a team to come calling desperate for a goalie so that the price would be high. Not going to feel good if we give up Peterka or Johnson and if we give them Cozens I'm out. 

Vegas couldn't get a team to take Fleury and a 2nd for free, which is why they ended up moving Schmidt for only a 3rd instead.

Edited by dudacek

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Pretty sure Vegas held on to Fleury with the idea of waiting for a team to come calling desperate for a goalie so that the price would be high. Not going to feel good if we give up Peterka or Johnson and if we give them Cozens I'm out. 

lol, no one is giving up a top prospect like Peterka and it is laughable to name Cozens. Fleury is a 36 year old goalie with a 7 mil cap hit for 2 seasons, he's worth a later round pick and that is if Vegas retains half his salary. Worth something like a 3rd rounder. 

• Like (+1) 2

Are we positive 2019-2020 Marc-Andre Fleury provides an upgrade worthy of spending both assets to acquire and significant cap space?

Ullmark: 17-14-3; 0.915; 2.69GAA, $2.6M, UFA after this year

Hutton: 12-14-4; 0.898; 3.18GAA (6-8-0, 0.901 post-eye surgery), $2.75M, UFA after this year

Fleury: 27-16-5; 0.905; 2.77GAA, $7M, UFA after next year

Fleury had a lower SV% and higher GAA behind a winning team than Ullmark had behind us.  Over 71 games, VGK allowed 209G, BUF allowed 215G; VGK scored 224G; BUF scored 193G- it doesn't appear on paper that Fleury makes the difference between these two teams.

At this point in his career, Fleury is probably worst than Linus and better than Carter.

At his salary, the idea of acquiring him expecting a better team is a reach.

However, if either of our current goalies (or god forbid both) is going to be out, by all means.

2 minutes ago, Shootica said:

Don't mind this.  Don't mind this at all.

Would be a serious kick in the crotch to have Johansson give up 5 to their 3rd-6th lines twice in 3 days.

Really hoping Ullmark's concerns are waning (and the reasons for the concerns are alliviated) & we get 2 great games out of him this weekend.

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

Someone wasn’t paying attention in class.

Did you ever get those dumb tests where they'd be like: "Read all the instructions before starting" and then hand you the test. Then at the end of a contrived, lengthy list of instructions at the top of the page, the last bullet point was like - "DO NOT ACTUALLY DO THE TEST!". And everyone who didn't read the instructions before starting failed?

Classic.