Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

6 hours ago, Norcal said:

Nolan Patrick. Still young, will he meet his potential? Or injury history doom him?

Looked pretty good. made the Flyers even better. They could win the division. Farabee was impressive. 

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Darnell Nurse skates like butter.

God, I like watching McDavid play hockey.

and the Canucks beat them. Those new Oilers jerseys are butt ugly. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Looked pretty good. made the Flyers even better. They could win the division. Farabee was impressive. 

and the Canucks beat them. Those new Oilers jerseys are butt ugly. 

I love them. They look like the movie Tron.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, dudacek said:

Flyers are winning the division.

Sabres good chance to be 2nd.

The bolded has been my contention for a while.

If Hutton doesn't cost them, my expectation is 3rd but 2nd is in the mix.  (Tough to pass both the B's & Caps, but not impossible.)

Expect the Aisles in 4 regardless of the other 6 spots.  Trotz will find a way to sneak in.

Just now, steveoath said:

Agreed.  Would love to seen them play Dallas wearing their neon ones.

Abso-freakin-lutely. That was my first thought when I saw them.

They should play the game under blacklight, as well.😃

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere but you have to appreciate ‘Torts’ honesty about the situation in Columbus.  He’s also not helping his GM.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/wants-blue-jackets-tortorella-addresses-dubois-trade-request/sn-amp/

Tortorella’s comments are about half way. 

20 hours ago, dudacek said:

Flyers are winning the division.

Sabres good chance to be 2nd.

Everything i have seen so far when talking about this division is that they are more likely to be fighting for the basement in this division instead of a top spot

But thats not because they feel Buffalo will be extremely bad, but that the division is sooooo much better

On 1/14/2021 at 12:37 PM, Ducky said:

I think the Isles finish 2nd or 3rd.

The Isles beat the Flyers in what was just about the most lopsided 7 game series ever last year. If Jordan Eberlie didn't have just about the most comically awful series you will ever see an NHL player have it would've been over in 5.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Eleven said:

I watched a bit of Devils-Bruins during breaks, etc.  What a boring game that was, or at least the parts I saw.

It was. Bruins look beatable. McAvoy looks poised to be a Norris candidate (I see why they were okay to let Chara go now) and Rask is in fine form, but they have no goal scoring without Pasternak.  Devils lack talent but Ruff has them playing a little faster than last year. It's definitely going to take them time though. Goalie will have to win them games.

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

He also once called out the HF Flyers board village idiot by name. Legend.

Ok, as freaking awesome as Voracek is there, also check out the robot (Kockeny?) to the right.  Watch how he moves.  It's like Mike Foligno but retuned somehow.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1