Sign in to follow this  
Let's Go B-Lo

Who is left that is interesting?

I'm not worried about Skinner.  His shooting % was a career matching low of 7.7%  He has done this before such as 2014-15 when he scored just 18g (31 pts) in 77 games.  He tends to blow hot and cold. and more often that not that seems to occur when he lacks a decent center to play with.  He also has 4 seasons over 12% and a career number of 10.9,  I expect a return to 11 to 12% this coming season.   Either way this season he is playing with Staal or Eichel.  He should be fine.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm not worried about Skinner.  His shooting % was a career matching low of 7.7%  He has done this before such as 2014-15 when he scored just 18g (31 pts) in 77 games.  He tends to blow hot and cold. and more often that not that seems to occur when he lacks a decent center to play with.  He also has 4 seasons over 12% and a career number of 10.9,  I expect a return to 11 to 12% this coming season.   Either way this season he is playing with Staal or Eichel.  He should be fine.

Agree.  There is nothing to indicate this will be a continued downward trend.  I fully expect a return to 25-35 goals.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Except Botterill pissed away cap space every single year he was here by signing crappy overpriced 3rd and 4th liners so I won't give him credit because we've had cap flexibility multiple offseasons under Botts (at least the last 2) and he did nothing with it but sign garbage. At least Adams doesn't have Vesey and Simmonds back on this team. It was strategic, it was just how he did things pretty much every year. Bring a bunch of castoffs to fill out the bottom of the roster. 

No credit, he wasn't being strategic, he most certainly would not have taken advantage because he didn't in the previous offseason. You are talking about a guy that wanted Berglund for 4 years. He was an idiot who couldn't evaluate talent. 

It's a hilarious narrative. Thank goodness Botterill gave us cap flexbility in 3 years after holding it hostage under bad players he signed, and a bad team, for that time period, first! Absolute crock. 

Edited by Thorny

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm not sure what you are getting at. I pointed out that that this offseason the new regime had flexibility to reshape the roster because the previous GM had a roster full of expiring contracts. It seems that so for the new regime is taking advantage of it. That's an accurate representation of the situation. 

It's an accurate description. Your missed bias comes from the fact you counted that as a positive for Botterill when in effect it's merely a symptom of his poor management. 

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

Again, you are addressing an issue that I didn't bring up. Whether Botterill would have seized the opportunity he created with his negotiated contracts is not the issue I was bringing up. I pointed out that he left the organization with a roster full of expiring contracts that so far the next regime seems to have taken advantage of. That's the issue I was focusing on.  And I believe it is a fair representation of the situation. 

Tantamount to saying we should thank Botterill for fielding such a poor roster that improvement after he leaves is within reach. 

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

@JohnC  you said it perfectly.  You made no representations that Jbot did a good or bad job, just that he left us with a ton of expiring contracts and because of that KA had this off-season the opportunity to use that flexibility to improve the roster.  I like the Staal and Hall deals as well.  There are people here want to argue everything just for the sake of arguing.  Let it go.

Incorrect. 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Incorrect. 

You missed the point of what I was saying. You and others are responding to what you think I meant instead of responding to what I actually said.  @GASabresIUFAN  is correct in understanding what I actually said. There comes a point when it becomes futile to keep the same discussion going in interminable circles. 

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You missed the point of what I was saying. You and others are responding to what you think I meant instead of responding to what I actually said.  @GASabresIUFAN  is correct in understanding what I actually said. There comes a point when it becomes futile to keep the same discussion going in interminable circles. 

So if I pulled up a post of yours giving Botterill credit for said development, would you still say I was missing the point, when my point as stated is merely that you are giving Botterill credit for something he shouldn't be?

Bueller...Bueller...

Edited by Thorny
  • Awesome! (+1) 1