Who is left that is interesting?

I did a cursory scan and this is what I found.  There may be interesting guys I missed or guys who have since signed

Forwards

Mikael Granlund

Mikkel Boedker

Eric Haula

Mike Hoffman

Evgenii Dadonov

Matt Nieto

Andreas Athanasiou

Alex Galchenyuk

Derick Brassard

Anthony Duclair

Defense

Travis Hamonic

Sami Vatanen

Ben Hutton

Alex Pietrangelo

Goaltender

JF Berube

Jimmy Howard

Craig Anderson

Aaron Dell

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I don't think you can sign him.  I think he's either Boston or retirement at this point.

It sounded like he wants to play (and the preference is Boston), but Boston is unsure if they'll bring him back.

Krueger is the only reason I entertain us having a shot, and yes, numbers be damned, I'll take that big s.o.b at 3 LD on this team. Talk about adding a leader...

Edited by Gabrielor

I might kick the tires on Athanasiou or Duclair.  I think the knock on both is high skill level, marginal work ethic. See what RFK could do to motivate them. 

Since it just came up on twitter:

Ryan Miller is another name....

I won't say if I'm interested, because I don't know what the state of Miller is, so 'interest' is regarding a goalie I remember 1/2 a decade ago.

Edited by Gabrielor

Some interesting names for 3rd line wing.  You never know who might shake loose for under 2mil x 1 year, especially as the teams cap dollars continue to shrink.  It can't hurt to lowball some of these guys, and see who might panic and jump at the offer.

Can’t believe Hoffman is still unsigned 

10 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

Since it just came up on twitter:

Ryan Miller is another name....

I won't say if I'm interested, because I don't know what the state of Miller is, so 'interest' is regarding a goalie I remember 1/2 a decade ago.

I think he’s about done. And I believe he wants to be on the west coast anyways 

No further interest in forwards for me.  Lets make a hockey trade for D.  Still need a 1A or 2 goalie.  Really, other than G, I'd be content stopping where we are currently.

• Like (+1) 4
30 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I might kick the tires on Athanasiou or Duclair.  I think the knock on both is high skill level, marginal work ethic. See what RFK could do to motivate them. 

Adams moves so far seem to be away from that sort of player and towards harder workers. That is the direction I think we should go so I'd steer clear of Duclair unless he was dirt cheap. 

• Like (+1) 2
1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I did a cursory scan and this is what I found.  There may be interesting guys I missed or guys who have since signed

Forwards

Mikael Granlund

Mikkel Boedker

Eric Haula

Mike Hoffman

Evgenii Dadonov

Matt Nieto

Andreas Athanasiou

Alex Galchenyuk

Derick Brassard

Anthony Duclair

Defense

Travis Hamonic

Sami Vatanen

Ben Hutton

Alex Pietrangelo

Goaltender

JF Berube

Jimmy Howard

Craig Anderson

Aaron Dell

This list looks loaded with JBot guys 

11 minutes ago, Weave said:

No further interest in forwards for me.  Lets make a hockey trade for D.  Still need a 1A or 2 goalie.  Really, other than G, I'd be content stopping where we are currently.

I'd be interested in seeing what we could get Granlund for

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

This list looks loaded with JBot guys 

fair enough

4 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Forwards

Mikael Granlund

Mikkel Boedker

Eric Haula

Mike Hoffman

Evgenii Dadonov

Matt Nieto

Andreas Athanasiou

Alex Galchenyuk

Derick Brassard

Anthony Duclair

Defense

Travis Hamonic

Sami Vatanen

Ben Hutton

Alex Pietrangelo

Goaltender

JF Berube

Jimmy Howard

Craig Anderson

Aaron Dell

Of the goalies, Dell had the best stats this past season with a GA of 3.01 and Save % of .907 in 30 starts. 

• Like (+1) 1
4 hours ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Can’t believe Hoffman is still unsigned 

I think he’s about done. And I believe he wants to be on the west coast anyways 

Yes. Millers name somehow comes up in discussion 2-3 times a year. And every time enough fans know enough to remind other fans. that he is only going to play for LA, SJ, or ANA. That’s it. Or retire.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1
3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Adams moves so far seem to be away from that sort of player and towards harder workers. That is the direction I think we should go so I'd steer clear of Duclair unless he was dirt cheap. 

There might be decent players who might jump on a short contract for cheap to come play on a roster with Eich, Hall, Skins, Staal, Reino, and Olaf on it - plus Dahlin. 

It doesn’t sound like we are looking at forwards anymore though. A move to balance the D and an upgrade in net would be nice. 

• Like (+1) 1
17 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yes. Millers name somehow comes up in discussion 2-3 times a year. And every time enough fans know enough to remind other fans. that he is only going to play for LA, SJ, or ANA. That’s it. Or retire.

Pure nostalgia. He’s 40 years old now. 

Trade out a D and upgrade in net.

Kuemper is the dream but Raanta and Korpisalo would be nice as well.

I really wonder with the condensed schedule if the NHL lets teams carry 3 goalies with the third goalie not counting against the cap for the season.

38 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Dadonov or Haula on the Third Line improves the team. 

Trade a RHD for LHD 

Trade for a Goalie 

Don't think we have the cap for all of it. We can do both trades I suppose but I'd say they pretty much have to be money in, money out. 

I absolutely would sign Chara for 1/$2m if he would sign here

as for goalies, you trade for Darcy Kuemper. Top 10 goalie and Ari at 83.5m isn’t  only above the cap, they’re significantly above their self-imposed cap of $70m or so.

kuempers cap hit is $4.5

Edited by Turbo44
15 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I absolutely would sign Chara for 1/$2m if he would sign here

as for goalies, you trade for Darcy Kuemper. Top 10 goalie and Ari at 83.5m isn’t  only above the cap, they’re significantly above their self-imposed cap of $70m or so.

kuempers cap hit is $4.5

Chara is NOT signing here. he signs with Boston or (very slim chance) a cup favourite like Vegas, Colorado or Tampa maybe. Zero chance of anything else.  

16 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I would look at Kahun too.  I would not just hand a job to Cozens, Tage, or any of the bottom 6 wingers.  

Okposo, Girgensons seem to have 2 jobs locked up.  Eakin will likely be a line 3 Center.  

There's 4 spots left for cozens, tage, rieder, mitts, asplund, lazar.  I assume the goal is to have a couple PK guys here, but also to have them fly around for about 10 minutes a game.  My guess would be of these 3 its rieder tage cozens with lazar as the extra skater.  Not sure how it all gets broken out (if they keep girgs/okposo together and who centers them if so).

I think if you add another depth forward to compete for a spot its coming through in a trade somehow.