Is Kalinin the most important Sabre?

deluca67

Kalinin may be the most important Sabre. With the huge gap in talent between he and the other blueliners it would be a tremendous loss. Hopefully the Sabres will take this as a wake up call and go out and get a couple more defensemen. Not Aaron Miller. I keep hearing how there might be some players on the waiver wire over the week end. They need to try to bolster the blueline.

Groin injuries are not a joke. He could be out a game or a month. You never know with these things. A lot of players have gone out with what was thought a tweek and ended up missing a bunch of games. The Sabres can not afford this guy not being on the ice.

Kalinin may be the most important Sabre. With the huge gap in talent between he and the other blueliners it would be a tremendous loss. Hopefully the Sabres will take this as a wake up call and go out and get a couple more defensemen. Not Aaron Miller. I keep hearing how there might be some players on the waiver wire over the week end. They need to try to bolster the blueline.

Groin injuries are not a joke. He could be out a game or a month. You never know with these things. A lot of players have gone out with what was thought a tweek and ended up missing a bunch of games. The Sabres can not afford this guy not being on the ice.

OK, I did not get to see the game last night, being one of the idiots that thought DirecTV was a good thing, but I did not see anything on yahoo or the Buffalo News stating that Kalinin was injured.

What happened, how serious is it, and when does he come back?

This is not right, if in fact he is out for a significant time, because the Sabres should not lose their best defender the same week the Bills do. Just shoot me now (and about 12 hours after I posted how I thought the Sabres would do this year).

Darn it.

Dave.

OK, I did not get to see the game last night, being one of the idiots that thought DirecTV was a good thing, but I did not see anything on yahoo or the Buffalo News stating that Kalinin was injured.

What happened, how serious is it, and when does he come back?

This is not right, if in fact he is out for a significant time, because the Sabres should not lose their best defender the same week the Bills do. Just shoot me now (and about 12 hours after I posted how I thought the Sabres would do this year).

Darn it.

Dave.

He injured his groin in practice. He may miss at least the opener. Like I said though, with these things it could be nothing or season ending. You never know. They were doing more tests to see and hopefully he'll respond to treatment. Keep your fingers crossed.

Did Lydman show up to camp out of shape? I thought I heard them talking about that on WGR. Any confirmation out there.

I agree that Kalinin is far and away the Sabres best defenseman. He will be expected to log Zhitnik like minutes and needs to be healthy or the Sabres blue line corp will take a big hit.

Kalinin as a few advantages over everyone else we have... he's grown up in our system and knows how it works, he was trained by one of the best modern day defensemen we ever had Zhitnik. That and he's as experienced as they come for someone that young. he'll be arlight if he stays healthy.

Archived