Taylor Hall signing: 8 million one yr with Sabres

Brawndo

Just now, Taro T said:

No ####ing Schlitz!

So, is Kevyn Adams singing the "how'd cha like me now" song or Floyd's "Not Now John?"

I wouldn't get too excited, its only a 1 year deal, he didn't convince him to spend the rest of his career here

He is getting $8 mil to play one year for a coach who he played well for before and will be a FA again next year.

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Move Cozens and Olofsson, we don't want to put too much pressure on this kid. Haven't we learned that?

I don’t really like Cozens-Eakin-Thompson as a line though. 2 youth players plus a vet who had a bad year last year- not exactly a recipe for success. I wanted Olofsson to go down to line 3 to spread the talent a bit more so it doesn’t get caved in quite as much. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I wouldn't get too excited, its only a 1 year deal, he didn't convince him to spend the rest of his career here

He is getting $8 mil to play one year for a coach who he played well for before and will be a FA again next year.

This is okay. We have a season to see how it works. If it's working and we're playoffs we talk extension.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not thrilled w/ the bottom 6, but the top 6 is legit.

Really depends on what they get from Cozens and Thompson, no?

Eakin, Girgensons, Okposo are capable bottom sixers and Rieder and Lazar are competent in the 12/13 spots.

Get some goaltending and we could be relevant.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.