Taylor Hall signing: 8 million one yr with Sabres

Brawndo

22 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I like the vibe in his press conference's / presser's and I'm liking his fit on the roster.  While I'm not sure what all the issues are with his personality, I like him in Buffalo as of yet.

What are the rumors about his personality? I haven’t heard anything. You said you don’t know but hopefully someone else can chime in..

47 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Even if he does they will still be hamstrung on the backend. It was bad after 40+ and it’s bad now. 

Agreed. Skinner is a winger who doesn't even kill penalties...doesn't appear to be great in his own zone an isn't physical. He HAS to put up points to justify every single dollar of that contract.  He has to put up 35-40 goals EVERY year of the contract just to come close to it not being a bad contract.

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Do you think Hall regrets this decision now? Eichel was supposed to be the best center he’s ever played with...

I think he’s a professional, that has been on several losing teams or terrible stretches. I am sure this is nothing new for him. At this point early in the season I’m sure he’s still optimistic as to what Ralph can do and turning this season around, and getting Eichel going. Which is completely separate than being currently frustrated and aggravated at the losing that is currently happening. 

8 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I think he’s a professional, that has been on several losing teams or terrible stretches. I am sure this is nothing new for him. At this point early in the season I’m sure he’s still optimistic as to what Ralph can do and turning this season around, and getting Eichel going. Which is completely separate than being currently frustrated and aggravated at the losing that is currently happening. 

I believe this is a different situation than he’s been in before. He bet on himself by signing a one year deal. So far that’s a losing bet. It doesn’t really seem like anyone on the team has any real optimism right now

1 minute ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I believe this is a different situation than he’s been in before. He bet on himself by signing a one year deal. So far that’s a losing bet. It doesn’t really seem like anyone on the team has any real optimism right now

Look on the bright side:  We'll be able to get him cheap next year.

2 hours ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Do you think Hall regrets this decision now? Eichel was supposed to be the best center he’s ever played with...

No.. he's getting $8M and I guarantee he gets moved by the trade deadline to a team that has a chance to win.  The question is whether the Sabres will get anything meaningful in return.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

No.. he's getting $8M and I guarantee he gets moved by the trade deadline to a team that has a chance to win.  The question is whether the Sabres will get anything meaningful in return.

I have said from Day 1 that Hall will be gone prior to next season.  This deal worked out really well for both parties, actually.  It made sense and took advantage of some unusual circumstances that aren't normally present.

Of course Hall is gone at the deadline; he always was going to be gone at the deadline.

The only people suggesting otherwise are Sabres fans.

Just now, Kruppstahl said:

I have said from Day 1 that Hall will be gone prior to next season.  This deal worked out really well for both parties, actually.  It made sense and took advantage of some unusual circumstances that aren't normally present.

Of course Hall is gone at the deadline; he always was going to be gone at the deadline.

He does have a full no trade clause though.  I think he'll waive it - but its limiting in who we'd be able to trade with.

18 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

If that’s the case then why even sign with Buffalo? 

22 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

If that’s the case then why even sign with Buffalo? 

Because he wanted to develop his ability to dig pucks on the boards to feed the point so defensemen can take low percentage shots.

He wasn't able to focus on that part of his game during his MVP season.

5 hours ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I'd assume he saw, or his agent pointed out, Skinner's big year and then contract and was convinced he could get similar numbers and big money signing wherever next year. 

Now he's probably on plan B. Wait for a good deadline deal and use a playoff run to generate interest in next year's contract.

and maybe look for a new agent............

52 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It's way too early, but right now Hall is in the top tier of "all-time most disappointing Buffalo sports free agents." 

I thought he was going to be Stefon Diggs, not Ville Leino.

I’m more of a Bills fan than a Sabres fan. The Bills will always be my first love. I’m pretty sure when the Hall signing was announced the Bills were 4-0 and Allen was arguably the MVP of the league. I didn’t care. I was so pumped about the upcoming hockey season that I didn’t care who the Bills played next. There was no way that Hall wouldn’t produce with Jack. But here we are. So yes, this could definitely be the biggest free agent bust in Buffalo sports history in my opinion as well

Edited by Cal Naughton Jr

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.