Taylor Hall signing: 8 million one yr with Sabres

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

To be fair no one went anyway.

i was supposed to go last season. i had tickets to the end of march, which was obviously cancelled. unfortunately its unlikely i will ever get the opportunity to go again. i always dreamed of gong to see the sabres in buffalo

Edited by miles

Since Hall and Jack like the puck, it wouldn't surprise me if after a short trial he gets moved to line 2 to drive play. If KA is as smart as we hope, they may have signed him for 1 year to ease the expansion draft problem if they signed him to a longer term now. Hopefully that's the case, otherwise a 1 year deal doesn't make sense for a player of his ilk.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Go to Twitter and search Taylor Hall to see "scoops" of Hall signing with a dozen other teams.

Or, completely ignore any and all things that get put on Twitter unless the person has a significant history of credible “scoops”. Yea ... do that. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Go to Twitter and search Taylor Hall to see "scoops" of Hall signing with a dozen other teams.

Was watching NHL Tonight and they talked like Hall was going to Nash but thought he was a good fit in Carolina.

They said he likes to play fast and carry the puck.  Likes having D move the puck up quickly to him.  Sounds like a good fit here.  

Just an FYI:  Staal, Hall, Montour, and McCabe (and Hutton) plus RFAs Joker and Dahlin are all on one year deals.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Was watching NHL Tonight and they talked like Hall was going to Nash but thought he was a good fit in Carolina.

They said he likes to play fast and carry the puck.  Likes having D move the puck up quickly to him.  Sounds like a good fit here.  

Just an FYI:  Staal, Hall, Montour, and McCabe (and Hutton) plus RFAs Joker and Dahlin are all on one year deals.

Is there a team out there that likes their defense to take their time and lollygag while getting the puck up the ice?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

i suspect joker and dahlin will be here long term. 

staal will probably retire

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Sabres for many years.  Bogo, Franson, Kulikov, Gorges made a fine bunch of lollygaggers.

To be fair, Gorges was so slow that it only *looked* like he was lollygagging.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Wonder how much better Staal feels about the trade now?

And Eichel!!

42 minutes ago, miles said:

unfortunately, the sabres didnt get in on one of 900 goaltenders available in free agency this year.

i mean the devils got crawford. i wish the sabres got him

The story is far from written.  I think it's 75% likely that they bring in a goalie.

Separately:  Holy freaking mackerel!!

I think they are done signing forwards.  But there is going to be a real goalie upgrade, also in a low-risk, sensible deal, and maybe, but maybe not, a LHD-RHD adjustment.

Hall-Eichel-Reino

Skinner-Staal-VO

TT-Eakin-Cozens

Zemgus-Lazar/Reider-KO

Maybe TP found the right guys to run the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1

What if mittelstadt took some steps off the ice and grew into his body? I wouldn't mind   a third line of 

tage- mitts - cozens

and a fourth of

girgs- Reider - okp

If Casey is ready that could be a fun line to watch since teams will have to put out their best defenses against our top two lines

Just now, Mustache of God said:

What if mittelstadt took some steps off the ice and grew into his body? I wouldn't mind   a third line of 

tage- mitts - cozens

and a fourth of

girgs- Reider - okp

If Casey is ready that could be a fun line to watch since teams will have to put out their best defenses against our top two lines

I think there is a very low likelihood of this happening this coming season, BUT if he is stuck in Rochester all year, and the Sabres are good, and he gets to see what a good team looks like, and how hard he has to work and how much he has to deliver to be part of a good team, it might be the best possible thing for him in the long term.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Chevyvanmiller said:

The Sabres signed arguably the top free agent on the market. Will the anomalies of 2020 never cease?

What a great piece of news to end the weekend on.

Last time we heard that, we were duped by Leino... ugh. Let's not get into that disaster. 

12 minutes ago, miles said:

the stealing of staal alone is more than jbot

Living 4hrs south of Minnie and 2 from their AHL affiliate, it shocked some people in the the Wild fanbase. 

It was kind of a shock and delight they pulled it off. 

Here's to the rise of the Sabres. 🤞🤞🤞

Edited by MidwestSabresFan
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

tage- mitts - cozens

and a fourth of

girgs- Reider - okp

You may have mangled that saying. Thompson would be someone growing into his body. Mittlestadt needs a body to grow into.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

And Eichel!!

The story is far from written.  I think it's 75% likely that they bring in a goalie.

Separately:  Holy freaking mackerel!!

I think they are done signing forwards.  But there is going to be a real goalie upgrade, also in a low-risk, sensible deal, and maybe, but maybe not, a LHD-RHD adjustment.

Hall-Eichel-Reino

Skinner-Staal-VO

TT-Eakin-Cozens

Zemgus-Lazar/Reider-KO

Maybe TP found the right guys to run the Sabres. 

After hearing Adams say they like what Irwin brings am starting to expect the RHD that goes out the door to do so as part of the package to upgrade the goaltending.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.