Taylor Hall signing: 8 million one yr with Sabres

Brawndo

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Does he have a no trade clause? 

Thought I saw it reported he had a full NMC.  So he's here unless he doesn't want to be here.

Just now, Taro T said:

Wonder how much better Staal feels about the trade now?

Gotta feel better.  It's a 1 year shot to see what they can do.  It's not going to be easy with the way the division stacks.. their division seems to be the toughest in hockey right now.

james earl jones what GIF

this is completely shocking. i dont even know what to say. i called bs when when whats his face said it on the instigators

now if the team could get a reliable goalie, they might make it to the playoffs

Edited by miles
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, klos1963 said:

Hard to see them moving these guys when Hall has only a 1 year deal. He could be traded by deadline.

do they have to trade someone? i mean are they over cap? i dont see a reason to trade anyone otherwise

3 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Harrington enjoying “Crow” for his Sunday dinner? Especially after the condescending remarks about the Kahun decision.  

The fact that posters still give him “FaceTime” or exposure on message boards and such ... sucks. I wish collectively no one would give him the time of day.... oh well.

The Sabres now have four tremendous shooters/snipers on their roster: Jack, Hall, Olofsson and Skinner. What makes these players even more effective is that all of them (even Olofsson to a lesser extent) are good skaters. That skating talent in itself will allow them to create space for themselves.  Not only is this team more talented but it will be more entertaining to watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is what I came up with:

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart 

Hall-Staal-Olofsson

Girgensons-Lazar-Okposo

Eakin-Cozens-Thompson

Rieder

This is just tremendous.  Two sexy looking lines, each with a legit MVP candidate level player, the pieces for a checking line that can be used defensively, and a line that is young and can be sheltered, but has nice offensive upside.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Which is prudent for him on a 1 year deal. He came here to play on Jack's wing and rack up points. With a NMC he controls the situation and prevents the Sabres from flipping him to what he perceives to be a bad spot.

In reality if things go sideways and the Sabres are looking to trade him he will likely be OK with waiving it to be moved. It just gives him a seat at the table.

Where else could he go that would be worse then all the teams he has played for already? Outside of the Rangers who got the #1 overall pick because of luck (or conspiracy theory...) he has played for all the teams that have been competing for #1 overall over the last decade basically.......

Edmonton, NJ, Phoenix, now Buffalo......

8 minutes ago, miles said:

do they have to trade someone? i mean are they over cap? i dont see a reason to trade anyone otherwise

Actual cap no, but internal cap maybe.....

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think he only felt shock because it wasn't expected, he intended to stay in Minny to end his career and I don't believe they informed him he was going to definitely be moved

No doubt.  But he had to be wondering what sort of wingers he'd get knowing that it was more important to team success to have Eichel optimized than him.  Now, he knows he will have great support & get to face 2nd pairing D.  He could have a great year.

Just now, YouDigg said:

Check out this ridiculous poll on TSN’s Twitter page!  The only two options are Yes and Yes!  (NOT photoshopped - go check Twitter!)

FB278FF2-2E69-4304-803A-57B7D5F93B13.jpeg

Poll: are you surprised that TO media prove they are power tools?

1. Yes, thought they'd try to hide that fact.

2. No, power tools gonna power tool.

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

This is what I came up with:

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart 

Hall-Staal-Olofsson

Girgensons-Lazar-Okposo

Eakin-Cozens-Thompson

Rieder

Ya pretty much had the same. No way they don't at least try out the new guy with Jack, I mean come on it'll be fun to give it a go, but could see it settling like that ^ too, definitely 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.