Brawndo

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So,

Hall - Eichel - Olofsson

Skinner - Staal - Reinhart

Girgensons - Eakin - Okposo

Thompson - Lazar - Cozens

Reider

Top 6 exactly how I'd have it. I think they'll run Lazar on the checking line with Girgs and KO and run it less minutes to compensate for loss of Larsson. 

Eakin between Thompson and Cozens. If Cozens and Thompson are really truly good to go, that line with offensive usage could be pretty decent. 

Behind an excellent top 6. 

KA should take a bow - we said he still had time, and he converted quickly. Thought it was going to be a trade, Hall is out of nowhere and awesome. 

Please get a goalie. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Hall likes the puck. Skinner has already learned how to work with Eichel and Reino.

I'd think this looks balanced:   Skinner-Eichel-Reino / Hall-Staal-Olofsson / Cozens-Eakin-Okposo / Girgs-Lazar-Rieder

Whether or not Olofsson or Reinhart are here will depend on what they get in arbitration will it not? I'd figure if they are given more than Sabres feel is right they'll try to move one or either of them. 

No matter how the two lines are configured we have enough genuine top two lines players to put together two excellent lines. It also takes the scoring pressure off of the Jack line and forces the opposition to defend two lines instead of entering each came with the focus on stopping only one scoring line. I still believe/hope that even with the signing of Hall that the organization gets a deal done with Reinhart. 

Beyond the hockey aspect of this surprising and monumental deal it gives a boost to the hockey fans who have for so long become dispirited and have steadily faded away. 

As I and others have said patience is a virtue. This is a case where the organization smartly let the market play out and then was able to take advantage of how it shook out. To say the least this is exciting. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Whether or not Olofsson or Reinhart are here will depend on what they get in arbitration will it not? I'd figure if they are given more than Sabres feel is right they'll try to move one or either of them. 

I can't see Victor getting a major contract I mean he's played 60 NHL games, Reinhart to me deserves between $7.0-$7.5m a season. 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Saw something about how it plays into the protected list in the expansion draft.

It actually could work out if he likes it here & wants to re-sign.  As he'd be a UFA, there is no reason to protect him as the Scheisskopfen can't select UFA's.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m completely shocked and completely thrilled. A gusty move and completely worth the risk.

Now do we keep Reinhart also?  Does VO get traded.

Why not?  Why?

(Yeah, yeah, yeah, 1 guy claimed the Sabres have an internal cap of $70-72.  We believed him why?)

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m completely shocked and completely thrilled. A gusty move and completely worth the risk.

Now do we keep Reinhart also?  Does VO get traded.

The brilliance of the move is in combination with our roster so I really hope we don't lose either. The strength of the top 6 we could roll out. I assume VO is here, Reinhart is the only one that gives me pause, but I'm thinking/hoping they get it done. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.