Taylor Hall signing: 8 million one yr with Sabres

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Well at least we'll win the lottery now 

^We made it 3 whole pages before mentioning this.

This is good. If Olofsson doesn't flip sides, it actually could put him where I want him in a year or so, which is the 3rd line LW on a well-balanced and deep team. And also... Exciting is hardly the word I would choose.

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So,

Hall - Eichel - Olofsson

Skinner - Staal - Reinhart

Girgensons - Eakin - Okposo

Thompson - Lazar - Cozens

Reider

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Exactly.  With Cozens and Okposo switching as cozens develops

Could also roll Girgs Eakin Rieder as the 4th line and get Kyle to mentor Tage and Dylan and a sheltered 3rd line, assuming they’re ready.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Really depends on what they get from Cozens and Thompson, no?

Eakin, Girgensons, Okposo are capable bottom sixers and Rieder and Lazar are competent in the 12/13 spots.

Get some goaltending and we could be relevant.

True.  And, for the 1st time since Eichel has been here, the Sabres will truly have lines that follow the traditional 1st - 4th lines.  Having a bottom 6 that leaves something to be desired is OK when you have a real 1st & 2nd line.

Now trade Miller for a LHD & get someone to be the 1B goalie & we're in business.

Would still like Kahun back, but don't expect it as he's on the 4th line by ice time with this lineup unless Olofsson has a total sophomore slump & both Cozens & Thompson can't step by by mid-season.

Well didn't expect to log on to this..........

I suppose the 1 year deal means he couldn't get what he wanted (here or wherever) and decided 1 year where he knows he will be a main piece with lots of ice time and hope for better economics next year was the best idea. 

Well my earlier plan was trade Reinhart add Hall so maybe.........no idea what happens next then. 

This is such an exciting deal. Zero risk - if we want to pay someone for one year, he's the guy. Pushing Cozens out of the top 6 is huge, too. Top 6 has the potential to be not just really good, but great. 

Apologies if these short thoughts overlap anything, haven't had a chance to read. 

So sweet. Happy Thanksgiving! 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.