Cody Eakin Signs with Buffalo

Brawndo

20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He did have the one good raw stats season recently- this is true. The problem is that his underlyings were really bad even then - which appears to have borne out considering what Eakin has been recently.

What underlyings are you looking at?  I see that his shot share metrics have bee consistently poor, but that doesn’t tell the whole story.

8 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

Jack’s gone. I actually wouldn’t be too shocked if he requests a trade before the season starts based on the roster 

Well he’s stuck here because there isn’t a scenario where they trade Eichel and there aren’t gigantic negative consequences  to this fan base and even possible protests and or rioting.

8 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Well he’s stuck here because there isn’t a scenario where they trade Eichel and there aren’t gigantic negative consequences  to this fan base and even possible protests and or rioting.

There is a level of entertainment value in this in a post-covid world, let's not kid ourselves lol 

8 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

None of that would happen.  The country is fighting for its life and we can barely be bothered. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, do they really think somebody will trade a useful player for 6 AAAA/4th liners?  That's mighty bold there, Cotton.

Botterill is wiggling his way into another GM position as we speak and the Pegula's have intel. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Brawndo said:

Larsson, Verhaeghe, Cousins, Hinostroza = 4.635 million per year 

Zemgus and  Eakin = 4.45 million per year 

Asset Management at its finest 

Or just the price of operating a franchise that lacks credibility with free agents.

Adams has a long road to walk us back.

• Like (+1) 1

We need a Reino extension before his arbitration hearing, or he's going to likely be traded, am I wrong? 

Just now, dudacek said:

Or just the price of operating a franchise that lacks credibility with free agents.

Still coulda paid Girgs less though lol 

Just now, Radar said:

I think we've seen ineptitude at its best. Please Pegula Sell The Team! 

This is the worst I've ever seen it and we went through years of tanking.  

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

We need a Reino extension before his arbitration hearing, or he's going to likely be traded, am I wrong? 

Still coulda paid Girgs less though lol 

Or not at all.  We were lied to.  Adams using analytics like I use good judgement, he doesn't.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Thorny said:

We'd still have next summer to negotiate that extension before we make the deal, but Reinhart would only be a year away from free agency and would have all the leverage.

If you are going to lock him up, now is the time.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, dudacek said:

True. Would you want any part of this if you had choices? I'm not blaming Adams but he took a job he wouldn't have anywhere else. But my hunch is he knew what his job was to do and he's articulate and personable enough to put lipstick on the pig.

Edited by Radar

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.