Cody Eakin Signs with Buffalo

Brawndo

Eakin had a rep for being an ideal 3C — shutdown guy who could put up 30 points.

Struggled at both ends last year. A gamble, but a good fit if he rebounds.

Wonder if this was plan B if Larry didn't re-sign?

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, dudacek said:

Eakin had a rep for being an ideal 3C — shutdown guy who could put up 30 point.

Struggled at both ends last year. A gamble, but a good fit if he rebounds.

He did have the one good raw stats season recently- this is true. The problem is that his underlyings were really bad even then - which appears to have borne out considering what Eakin has been recently.

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Wasn't he the one who got screwed on that face off against Pavelski that turned out to be the deciding factor in that playoff game a few years ago? SJ scored like 4 times on the 5 minute PP.

Yes I think so haha

2 minutes ago, Derrico said:

So they pay more for Eakin then Fast goes for.

This is *incredible* optics. Nevermind the grand-canyon difference on impacts and defense, Fast doubled his raw production last year. 

And we paid more. 

I dunno what's going on with FA, guys. We need to swing some value deals through trade or we are in a spot of trouble.

All hope is not lost - @dudacek has theorized several reasonable trade proposals. 

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Annoying, but probably Fast didn't want to come here.

Definitely. We can't really hold not signing Fast, specifically, on KA. 

Overall roster and line-up - we assuredly can. So we'll need to see some improvements. FA is not the market for us this year. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Cody Eakin only put up 15 points last year.

But he scored 41 the previous year and has topped 15 goals 4 times. He's 29. And he's a decent faceoff man.

I have no problem with this deal. I would have preferred others and I would have preferred cheaper.

But as many have pointed out, players aren't lining up to come here.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, dudacek said:

But he scored 41 the previous year and has topped 15 goals 4 times. He's 29. And he's a decent faceoff man.

I have no problem with this deal. I would have preferred others and I would have preferred cheaper.

Do you see him as a 3C or 4C?

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

As a deal for a 4th liner, it would be palatable for the reasons you've laid out. 

As a Larsson replacement, it's a poor swap, imo.

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Weave said:

Been pretty quiet on the draft and FA signings.  None of this makes sense to me.  I’ve lost hope for another season already.  We’re still arranging deck chairs and Jack is squarely in his prime now.

Jack’s gone. I actually wouldn’t be too shocked if he requests a trade before the season starts based on the roster 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.