Sabres could be targeting Toffoli, Fast and Korpisalo

The Jokeman

i dont want to be a downer, but the sabres are going to need to wayyyy over pay players to come here.  its been pretty public from ex players how horrible buffalo is right now, i dont see anyone coming, especially with the pegula's putting an internal cap on. some of these picks they got the last 5 years need to start stepping up if there is any hope. 

you got whats his face joining the instigators today saying the sabres are in the hunt for HALL. they would need to give him a contract like they gave to skinner to get him to come here. who is he kidding

i mean there only sign on opening day for free agents are the crocodile hunter, who wont even make the team. why bother

Edited by miles

13 minutes ago, miles said:

i dont want to be a downer, but the sabres are going to need to wayyyy over pay players to come here.  its been pretty public from ex players how horrible buffalo is right now, i dont see anyone coming, especially with the pegula's putting an internal cap on. some of these picks they got the last 5 years need to start stepping up if there is any hope. 

you got whats his face joining the instigators today saying the sabres are in the hunt for HALL. they would need to give him a contract like they gave to skinner to get him to come here. who is he kidding

i mean there only sign on opening day for free agents are the crocodile hunter, who wont even make the team. why bother

I mean, Matt Irwin just signed.  It can't be that bad here.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

when was the last time a team won the cup because of free agency?

A good point - but this is definitely going to be an odd year for how much teams can/are relying on UFA to reshuffle. It's the Sabres best avenue right now I think, still. Not in the big splash, but in some value deals. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

A good point - but this is definitely going to be an odd year for how much teams can/are relying on UFA to reshuffle. It's the Sabres best avenue right now I think, still. 

this year depends most on a few  things...skinner getting back to form which i believe he will and cozens playing like a calder candidate, and us not putting a blind goalie in net.  

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

this year depends most on a few  things...skinner getting back to form which i believe he will and cozens playing like a calder candidate, and us not putting a blind goalie in net.  

We'll need these things and some roster upgrades

- - - 

The Sabres could go out in UFA and sign Tofolli or Fast, and Simon (I *think* he's still a C capable player, played both C and W in Pitts) and they'd be in my estimation, in pretty good shape at forward. Provided Tofolli is a reasonable deal (assume Fast and Simon would be). 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We'll need these things and some roster upgrades

- - - 

The Sabres could go out in UFA and sign Tofolli or Fast, and Simon (I *think* he's still a C capable player, played both C and W in Pitts) and they'd be in my estimation, in pretty good shape at forward. Provided Tofolli is a reasonable deal (assume Fast and Simon would be). 

toffoli would be the guy i would want.  right wing which is a need. plays a heavy game and playoff experience.  

We  need to trade risto  I think to get a good scorer but it seems like they tried for 2 season already. I dont know why I'm so down on them this year but really they are going to be bad again. Staal is a great pickup but they cant compete really. the best we could hope for is a first round loss

7 hours ago, aristocrat said:

people have to get realistic about Cozens. I'm pretty sure he will be a good player but he needs to be developed properly. Throwing him in like the new savior is what they did with Mitts and that didn't go so well did it? Cozens is better, but lets not destroy this one with unrealistic expectations. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'd be happy with grabbing Toffoli or Fast.  Seems like the market is fairly reasonable this year, so if there is a time to add through free agency it is now.

I'm a little concerned that we haven't been rumored to be after any 3C options though.  I think that's a bigger need than top 4 RW right now, especially considering how we drafted.  Krueger is reportedly looking to start Cozens on the wings, and we have Thompson as well as Quinn hopefully a few years down the road.  Meanwhile, there is no line of sight to getting a 3C internally.  I really really hope out plan isn't to shoehorn Mittelstadt or someone into that role.

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

people have to get realistic about Cozens. I'm pretty sure he will be a good player but he needs to be developed properly. Throwing him in like the new savior is what they did with Mitts and that didn't go so well did it? Cozens is better, but lets not destroy this one with unrealistic expectations. 

The problem with Mitts was not just that he wasn't ready, it was also that he couldn't acknowledge he wasn't ready and determine what he needed to do.

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The problem with Mitts was not just that he wasn't ready, it was also that he couldn't acknowledge he wasn't ready and determine what he needed to do.

Based on what.  When he was sent down he acknowledged what he needed to do and Taylor said he was a very hard worker who was working to get better and did over the course of last season.  How is it his fault that management stuck him in the lineup and left him there when it wasn't working.  He had no power to refuse a demotion.

Mitts wasn't the first prospect we did that do.  We destroyed Grigorenko the same way, except this time we may actually be able to save the player.

On a separate note, if KA manages to get 2 or the 3 guys mentioned in the thread title, I was revise my opinion of his plan.   

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.