VGK needs to move Fleury.

...and then some.  

41 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

8.8AAV for Seven Years 

Wow. Double wow. Triple wow. 😱

Turns 31 in January. 

Edited by LabattBlue
56 minutes ago, tom webster said:

There is absolutely zero chance the team starts the season with Hutton and Ulmark. I wouldn’t be surprised if by the time the Bills play tomorrow that another goalie has been acquired.

Ralph’s interview today was interesting.  The amount of times he commented that ‘these are our goalies for now.’  

Sure not a resounding vote of confidence.  Language he used and as guarded as he spoke I would also be surprised those are the two they go with.

Edited by Derrico
49 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

VGK would probably need to eat salary for us to take him if Reinhart and Olofsson are signed to expected deals and/or go to arbitration... unless we send them Hutton and Miller/Montour.

Fluery to Buffalo and Vegas needs to pay a heavy toll. Fills both teams needs, but at 7 for 2 more seasons, I want the hammer to drop in additions from Vegas 😄

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Guess we can’t afford him, especially if we’re moving for a goalie, but that is a bargain gift-wrapped in gold ribbon.

Also, if that is the price for a good defenceman, I don’t want to be trading Risto or Montour.

Edited by dudacek

I would love to see Fleury in blue and gold, always one of the best dressed and has good takes on equipment and designs. Oh, he's also a good goalie and would be perfect as that "bridge" guy for a few years.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Guess we can’t afford him, especially if we’re moving for a goalie, but that is a bargain gift-wrapped in gold ribbon.

Also, if that is the price for a good defenceman, I don’t want to be trading Risto or Montour.

I think that was a forced scenario. Vancouver had Vegas bent over a barrel situation I suspect, given that length of contract for Schmidt. Good d man though. Also, Vegas roster is now 21/23, and they are still over the cap by a couple million.

Something around Hutton and Fluery with some prospect/pick asset(s) coming back interest you?

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Montour and Hutton for Fleury and picks?

Was typing it as you responded lol

Damn these old fat fingers 😄

• Like (+1) 1
40 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Montour and Hutton for Fleury and picks?

Maybe.  I don't think the Sabres will get much beyond, say, a 2nd and a 3rd, which will be selling Montour low.  I will get over my disappointment pretty quickly though when I start thinking about the playoffs, which I think will be there for the taking with a MAF/Linus combo in net.

EDIT:  the problem though is that taking Montour and Hutton means that Vegas doesn't get much cap relief, which is their reason for trading MAF to begin with.

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

There is absolutely zero chance the team starts the season with Hutton and Ulmark. I wouldn’t be surprised if by the time the Bills play tomorrow that another goalie has been acquired.

I might be surprised if the Bills do play tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, miles said:

golden knights sign pietrangelo to 7yr @ 8.8 per year. i thought they had cap issues, i guess not

https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/news/golden-knights-sign-defenseman-alex-pietrangelo-to-seven-year-contract/c-319440382

They do. They just gave away Nate Schmidt and will have to probably pay someone to take Fleury's contract off their hands on top of eating some money.

Just now, Brawndo said:

MAF might need to stick around 

This is the end for the Vegas window.  Their vets are already complaining about seeing their names attached to trade rumors, and Vegas cannot possibly squeeze everyone in under the cap.

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Maybe.  I don't think the Sabres will get much beyond, say, a 2nd and a 3rd, which will be selling Montour low.  I will get over my disappointment pretty quickly though when I start thinking about the playoffs, which I think will be there for the taking with a MAF/Linus combo in net.

EDIT:  the problem though is that taking Montour and Hutton means that Vegas doesn't get much cap relief, which is their reason for trading MAF to begin with.

Vegas is still $1 over. 

It would have to be pretty much a hockey trade, with the Sabres retaining a bit on Hutton.

We still need a top shelf 3rd liner. Would anyone driver a corvette without insurance? No, that would be dumb. If any one of our top 6 goes down for any significant amount of time, we are toast. Hall and his 8M flushed down the toilet. 

Korpisalo’s $2.8 million contract looks mighty attractive right now.

It also wonder if that means it might take more than we want to spend to acquire it.

I mean Devon Toews just went for more than double the cost of Nate Schmidt.

• Like (+1) 1