Free Agent Frenzy! Oct 9, 2020

6 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I think Columbus and a surprise team, Colorado have all been sniffing around Risto and Montour. I’d be shocked if one of them isn’t part of package for a goalie.

Risto and Montour for Savard and Korpisalo😀

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Colorado eventually wants our entire 2013 draft class?

As long as Buffalo gets theirs am good with it. 😉

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

If Vegas signs Petro, and finds a way to move out MAF and other pieces, they are the masters of rebuilding their roster on the fly.  Kudo's to McPhee and whomever is in the FO with him.

A couple of years ago they traded for Tatar.  He wasn't working out, and next thing you know, he is shipped off to Montreal...no regrets.

Edited by LabattBlue
6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If Vegas signs Petro, and finds a way to move out MAF and other pieces, they are the masters of rebuilding their roster on the fly.  Kudo's to McPhee and whomever is in the FO with him.

A couple of years ago they traded for Tatar.  He wasn't working out, and next thing you know, he is shipped off to Montreal...no regrets.

You mean the trade that sent Suzuki to Montreal for Pacioretty? 

I mean, that was some bad trading. They basically traded 2 first round picks (Veleno and Suzuki), Tatar, and 2 second round picks for Pacioretty. Barf. 

Edited by LGR4GM
1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Did you think the Sabres were going to sign him after signing Hall, and still needing to fix blueline and goalie issues?

No, I just didn't want him on a good division rival.

8 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Now that's a surprisingly cheap contract for Toffoli.

The squeeze is happening.  There will be more bargains to be had as RFAs sign and swallow up money, arbitration hearing happen and swallow up more money or have teams walk away and dump more guys out into the market.

• Thanks (+1) 1
33 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

The squeeze is happening.  There will be more bargains to be had as RFAs sign and swallow up money, arbitration hearing happen and swallow up more money or have teams walk away and dump more guys out into the market.

Yep, Chris Johnson tweeted this AM that 90% of the Leagues Cap Dollars for Next Season have been allocated already. It’s a buyers market for sure 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Yep, Chris Johnson tweeted this AM that 90% of the Leagues Cap Dollars for Next Season have been allocated already. It’s a buyers market for sure 

That's pretty interesting and will likely factor into Reino's thinking and perhaps Hall's as well.

15 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

Toffoli's contract is what I want to give Olofsson.

Not anymore. Now we've got to ink him in the 3.7 (Kubalik) to 4 range. Until the cap resets and goes up, we've got to get players to settle a smidgen lower. That's where the Girgs deal baffles me. It's not a significant overpay; it's not 3x3. But it's an overpay that equates to another ELC/tweener guy, or a sweetener to a scorer these next couple years.

I really wish Botts and his bosses had passed on Skinner at 9mil per, for that term.  I have a feeling it is going to hurt A LOT going forward, and it makes it worst that they are stuck with KO for 3 more years at 6m per.

I'm excited that we signed Hall no doubt. But I wonder if Toffoli would've been the smarter acquisition, had it been possible. Who knows what it would've taken to sign him here but just say its the same deal as Montreal, 4x4.25. Would 4 years of Toffoli at RW on a pretty good deal, been better than 1 year of Hall at LW for $8mil?

I dont mean to sound like im throwing shade on the Hall signing, but i'm just wondering what some of you might think about it. Just seems with that price we could've added 2 good players for the price of one & that would seem to be the shrewder move imo. Of course it takes 2 to tango & Toffoli had his choice of teams to go to so theres no telling if he would've wanted to be here. The RaKru relationship with Hall seemed to be an important part of the Hall deal. Either way im not complaining 😛