Free Agent Frenzy! Oct 9, 2020

spndnchz

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

The new divisions will only be for a year (probably).

It is what it is. I think the Jets make the playoffs easier in a Canadian division than the Central.

I don't think Gallagher's deal is as crazy as Anderson's to be honest. He was on a 60 point pace this year and will get you about 30 goals a season. After Gallagher got his deal, Callagher wasn't going to settle for less. Bergy might have saved some coin by signing Gallagher first but I don't think he is the best GM in the league to begin with. Price is an outstanding goalie but 10.5m per season? 

Somehow they find themselves in the 7 team division every year with the better odds

Carolina just signed Jeremy Bracco...I was hoping the Sabres would sign him and give him an opportunity on the top line with Mittelstadt in Rochester.

I think this could end up as a smart signing, by a smart team.

EDIT: I thought the USNTDP connection would work there too.

Edited by OhMyDahlin

20 hours ago, miles said:

Its been 4 days since the sabres signed an elite player. 

Its time to do it again. it was fun

Where do they get the money from? Trades of contacts is about the only avenue left for change I think. At least for impact type moves.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

They have a full roster and $1.6 million cap space.

They also have sign Dermott and Mikhayev.

Be interesting to see how they use Thornton and Spezza. And what they do next.

I think they should use Spezza and Thorton on their top line so they can move Matthews and Marner down to develop more, don't want to ruin them by rushing their development.

Ten years ago, signing Spezza and Thorton would have been huge......

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, WildCard said:

I actually don't like this (because I hate the leafs). yes, he's old, not what he was, but that's still a pretty good 700,000 signing. He still, even at this age, gives them more for one season than Lazar gives us.  Surprised he didn't go to Boston for that price, but maybe they didn't want him or he still hates them from way back. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.