Free Agent Frenzy! Oct 9, 2020

spndnchz

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo

Contract would have to be exceptionally short for me to consider it. He's a defensive mess. In fact I don't want him at all. Better options. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MODO Hockey said:

Ohh, yea was just curious. Allthough it amazes me that Van does not believe in Markstrom enough, guy is a tremendous goalie.

Agree on Markstrom.

Canucks are in cap trouble because they have to sign Petterson and Hughes and weren't able to commit to whatever Calgary (or whoever) will.

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

It won’t be unanimous, it never is but something will drop soon. Be patient.

That smacks of overpaying for a good winger

3 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Ohh, yea was just curious. Allthough it amazes me that Van does not believe in Markstrom enough, guy is a tremendous goalie.

I think they do because they did want him back, but with the other goalie stepping up in the playoffs for them, I don't think they want to pay him what he wants to be in a 1A/1B situation

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

I think they do because they did want him back, but with the other goalie stepping up in the playoffs for them, I don't think they want to pay him what he wants to be in a 1A/1B situation

Markstrom is @ his peak, it would be just foolish to not go with him, in my opinion. He is 30 yes, but he has atleast 4 more years at a very high level, but maybe this was the issue, he wanted maybe 5-6 years and Van only 3. No clue, still big shame for Van. Jakob Markstrom has a very strong ability to adapt to games not going the right way, he is for sure the reason they could get to where they have been last couple of years.

Just now, MODO Hockey said:

Markstrom is @ his peak, it would be just foolish to not go with him, in my opinion. He is 30 yes, but he has atleast 4 more years at a very high level, but maybe this was the issue, he wanted maybe 5-6 years and Van only 3. No clue, still big shame for Van. Jakob Markstrom has a very strong ability to adapt to games not going the right way, he is for sure the reason they could get to where they have been last couple of years.

i wanted Buffalo to be in on him because i think he could be pretty good here, but from what it sounds like, Vancouver wasn't going to overpay for him because they have others to sign and have another goalie who played very well in the playoffs so if Markstrom was going to want top dollar, they couldn't bring him back and went to plan 'B' and got Holtby instead. Theres no way Vancouver would have gotten Markstrom re-signed for around what they brought Holtby in for

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.