Free Agent Frenzy! Oct 9, 2020

spndnchz

Just now, nfreeman said:

2-year deal for Holtby at $4.3MM per year.

The Sabres should be able to get a solid goalie without making a major contractual commitment.

Make it happen, KA.  And pls get some other good players too.

Tricked me. 

Just now, Trettioåtta said:

So either the he FO is incompetent and hasnt spoken to players or they have and then hose players have chosen not to

Incompetent is your projection without information. It’s either they haven’t asked or the players haven’t accepted the terms. Anything else right now is your perception based upon your disappointment of the past.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

95 points and his linemate got 29...

Says more about one player dragging another one along

Yes I'm sure they willingly left him there as an anchor. Fast drives play - he's going to be ridiculously good value. And ALL his points are at ES. 

Very strong defensively. Tough to play against. 

If that's Adams' type of player, we like the same type of player.

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Incompetent is your projection without information. It’s either they haven’t asked or the players haven’t accepted the terms. Anything else right now is your perception based upon your disappointment of the past.

I really admire your resolute attitude to the FO. I just dont share it - we have  too many holes

3 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

I really admire your resolute attitude to the FO. I just dont share it - we have  too many holes

I find reality disappointing enough, I see no need to be disappointed in something that I don’t have knowledge of.

Here's something interesting:

There are maybe 10 teams with enough cap space to sign anybody to big ticket contract, and maybe 5 who can do it comfortably.

Doesn't mean another team won't step up, but then they will have to be dumping salary.

Patience could be rewarded.

Just now, dudacek said:

Here's something interesting:

There are maybe 10 teams with enough cap space to sign anybody to big ticket contract, and maybe 5 who can do it comfortably.

Doesn't mean another team won't step up, but then they will have to be dumping salary.

Patience could be rewarded.

The goalies are going to get squeezed, there are so many. It should be a cinch to address the position

Just now, MODO Hockey said:

Yea, but i dont believe Van doesnt want to offer him to stay, therefor what could we offer them to keep them not offering him. 

He's not signing in Vancouver. They couldn't reach a deal. the Canucks signed Holtby instead.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.