Free Agent Frenzy! Oct 9, 2020

spndnchz

3 hours ago, tom webster said:

A) I fully expect a player like Toffoli to play on Jack’s wing.

B) I believe they are open to trading Sam but only if he’s part of a package that they believe brings back an even better forward or number one pairing defenseman 

C) I believe they are open to signing Kahun at their number but I believe when the dust settles people will be happy if they don’t over pay for him.

D) A goalie upgrade is guaranteed 

Anything on a checking C? I think that's more important than everything else listed there. 

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Toffoli is a good second line winger, who can finish and will go to the dirty areas. He's kinda slow but can think the game fast. He's a good guy and plays well with good players.

Really, he's sorta Matt Moulsonish, if you remember Matt when he was good and not when his skating had deteriorated to slushiness.

Hmm, how old is Toffoli?

Edit - Matty Mo dropped off at around 32, and Tofolli is 28. Some breathing room. 

Edited by Thorny

I honestly feel like I have no clue what is going to happen tomorrow.

Reinhart or Montour could get traded, or signed.  Kahun could walk, or sign,   Sabres could sign a top 6 W, goalie and vet D, or they could totally cheap out.

Im just going to let the wave wash over me.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

I honestly feel like I have no clue what is going to happen tomorrow.

Reinhart or Montour could get traded, or signed.  Kahun could walk, or sign,   Sabres could sign a top 6 W, goalie and vet D, or they could totally cheap out.

Im just going to let the wave wash over me.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.

I like Turris, Wennberg or Brassard on a one year deal around 1.5million for the third line c role.

Look to either trade for a 2LD like Zadorov or sign a physical LD like Borowiecki.

With so many goalies available I think they will stick it out with Ullmark and Hutton one more year.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

I like Turris, Wennberg or Brassard on a one year deal around 1.5million for the third line c role.

Look to either trade for a 2LD like Zadorov or sign a physical LD like Borowiecki.

With so many goalies available I think they will stick it out with Ullmark and Hutton one more year.

I like in no specific order Turris, Haula, Wallmark, Wennberg, Duclair, Hirose, Hinostroza, Larsson, Kahun, Borowiecki, Jankowski, Benning, Leivo, Namestnikov, Janmark, Gustafsson, Toffoli,  Fast, Granlund, Tanev.  

All of these players fill a number of different needs and positions. 

Give me:  Wallmark, Gustafsson, Kahun/Namestnikov, Borowiecki

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Dreger saying on the INstigators just now that they are a long shot, but they Sabres are one of about 10 teams expected to reach out to Taylor Hall.

Who is projected to be the No 1 overall pick next year? Lol

Isn’t Hall a LW? We have a lot of them and a very highly paid one that underperformed. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Dreger saying on the INstigators just now that they are a long shot, but they Sabres are one of about 10 teams expected to reach out to Taylor Hall.

Alright Dregs, now that you've riled up everyone in Buffalo let's hear some names that are actually realistic.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.