NHL Draft Round 2

WildCard

Yeh I read them and if you have athletic Subscription... here is their ranking: Best players available for Day 2 of the NHL Draft 2020 

They have Mysak ranked 8, Colangelo 3 and Robins isnt in their top 15

Best players available for Day 2 of the NHL Draft 2020 

https://theathletic.com/2120795/2020/10/07/best-players-available-for-day-2-of-the-nhl-draft-2020/?source=user_shared_article

Edited by North Buffalo

We have just traded our 4th, and have no pick in the 3rd, and also no 6th, so we actually only have a 5th round pick left and 2 7ths. 

If we don't trade back into the second/third/4th it looks like the group is more less satisfied with our Quinn/Peterka haul. They wanted to address RW goal scoring and they did. 

Edited by Thorny

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So we only have 5 total picks now. 

Just now, Thorny said:

We have just traded our 4th, and have no pick in the 3rd, and also no 6th, so we actually only have 2 5th round picks left and a 7th. 

If we don't trade back into the second/third/4th it looks like the group is more less satisfied with our Quinn/Peterka haul. They wanted to address RW goal scoring and they did. 

And we don't have a 3rd or 5th next year, because Botterill

https://puckpedia.com/team/buffalo-sabres/draftpicks

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

We have just traded our 4th, and have no pick in the 3rd, and also no 6th, so we actually only have 2 5th round picks left and a 7th. 

If we don't trade back into the second/third/4th it looks like the group is more less satisfied with our Quinn/Peterka haul. They wanted to address RW goal scoring and they did

They wanted to add competitive, productive forwards and they did.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Squandering assets.

Am i doing this correctly?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

And we don't have a 3rd or 5th next year, because Botterill

https://puckpedia.com/team/buffalo-sabres/draftpicks

Ya our pick situation is a bit barren. 

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

They wanted to add competitive, productive forwards and they did.

Right wing forwards. So yes, a need. 

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Squandering assets.

Botterill squandered picks, Adams just hasn't added any yet. He's -1 though for picks after trading up.

But my impression is they got their guys - they wanted to come away with 2RW scorers and that's what they did, regardless of who else fell to them (round 1)

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They wanted to come away with 2RW scorers and that's what they did, regardless of who else fell to them (round 1)

Why are you so certain this is the case? Why does it have to be "we have to get two RWs who can score?"

Why isn't it as simple as they thought Quinn was they best player at 8 and they ranked Peterka far higher than 38?

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Why are you so certain this is the case? Why does it have to be "we have to get two RWs who can score?"

Why isn't it as simple as they thought Quinn was they best player at 8 and they ranked Peterka far higher than 38?

Cause Quinn wasn't the best player at 8

Re - Peterka - I'm looking at things in totality - it's why I also mentioned trading back in. If we don't trade back in, and all we come away with in the first 4 rounds is two goal scoring RWs, I'd say that was a pretty clear focus. None of it jives with their statements to analytics either. 

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

How do you know?

I dunno man, maybe everyone was wrong and Quinn will end up the best of the guys there - let's go with that. 

FWIW - The Oilers had Quinn high, too. With their stellar drafting record. 

Edited by Thorny

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Squandering assets.

I am sure you learnt your lesson well from all the examples you have to work from.  (I sound like myself when I taught math.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.