Sabres, 8th overall pick: Jack Quinn

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If Quinn had produced more last season I would have far less concerns than I do. Is this kid what he was the last 3 months of the season or is that a blip. He's a dangerous pick, and he isn't the Pegula's pick. This is a Adams guy. 

What was the progression from the beginning of the year to the end of the year?

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Don't do that...  you're making a mess (of space and time).

Do or do not, there is no try. 

1 minute ago, SDS said:

What was the progression from the beginning of the year to the end of the year?

His skating improved and unlocked every skill he had

• Thanks (+1) 2

This is the worst drafting team in the NHL for the past 10 years.  They don't have a player outside of Asplund past the first round that has played a single game.  It just goes to show, that a new general manager who "works well" with the owners, and "understands our feelings" is going to be nothing more than a god damned yes man.  Jack Quinn, is only mentioned as a natural goal scorer with a shot.  That's a "one dimensional" hockey player at definition.  I will admit, I haven't watched a ton of tape, because I didn't think we'd be taking a player ranked anywhere between 10-16.   I was more involved in two way centermen.  Once again, we have center issues, and settling on a 37 year old being your answer, is a short term view, not long term realistic view.  If Quinn is who you believe is the best talent on the board at 8, I want someone else laying the decision making.  Sell the team Terry, you have a profitable football franchise that will make you more money.  However, you decide to get involved in almost every decision and this is just another example of why you're trash.  Yes, I'm overly angry at everything, but I was hoping that analytics would put a player like Marco Rossi, or Anton Lundell over.  Instead, we got an overager, who does one thing well.  Half of my anger will be defused with in a few hours, but I'm pissed. 

Was curious about the status of the OHL this season(as Quinn will be playing there this year).  I found this quote in an article...

Ontario Sport Minister Lisa MacLeod told TSN this week the OHL may need to adopt minor hockey’s approach by shelving fighting, bodychecking and all physical contact when the puck is set to drop (if faceoffs are even permitted) Dec. 1.

That should bode well for the development of Quinn and all other players in the OHL....playing pond hockey.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Do or do not, there is no try. 

His skating improved and unlocked every skill he had

I mean you were talking about production. Maybe if the seasons were split into quarters you can compare them. Did his fourth quarter completely dominate the first three?

1 minute ago, SDS said:

I mean you were talking about production. Maybe if the seasons were split into quarters you can compare them. Did his fourth quarter completely dominate the first three?

I would have to go back but basically his first half was say 35% and his 2nd half was 65% (roughly) 

Which isn't abnormal. 

33 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Well I guess I’m the only one that likes this pick 🤷🏻‍♂️

No you are not. All the analysts on the the draft show thought this was an excellent pick. It appears that one of the prime reasons that he went before some other highly touted players is that he is a little bigger than the others. I would have been happy if the Sabres instead took Perfetti or Rossi. I understand why they made this pick and I'm happy with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Haven't been this displeased w/ a Sabres 1st rounder since Nylander.  2 much better players on the board & the Sabres went for need.

This just seems so much like the Bills pick of McCargo.  Looking at the raw stats but not the circumstances.

Honestly would've rather had Askarov (& didn't want Askarov at 8).

• Like (+1) 3

I'm furious, I absolutely despise the pick since it was not only over Rossi and Perfetti but spits in the face of practically everything Adams and staff said they were doing.

We took a one dimensional goal scorer that will take at least 2 years to work his way up to the team and will more than likely flame out like many before him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

All of that is BS that people throw because he's short. If he were 2 inches taller literally nobody would worry that he was too polished.

I don't even understand that. I'm sorry, you're too good right now. I don't know what we could possibly do with you. Let's take someone that we ourselves acknowledge isn't as good as you but we think we can make him better than you despite the fact that we haven't developed prospects for crap in a decade and a half.

Yeah, I hate it when prospects are too good and too polished.  That’s the worst.

Interesting that Quinn wasn’t even included in Larry Fisher’s Top 124 Preseason Rankings released last August, and by November was still projected as just a third-rounder.

Now he's been selected at the 8th overall by yours truly your Buffalo Sabres!

Really hope this pans out & he's not taking Okposo's spot on the 4th line.

35 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

I don't like when a last name starts with the same sound as the end of the first name. Should I pause between names? Should I just mash the whole name into one? Absolute disaster unless he takes a nickname quickly.

How long you been speaking English there, soddy?

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

His shot. 

His release does look like Goalofsson's.