Sabres, 8th overall pick: Jack Quinn

LGR4GM

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So many variables in projecting next year's lineup.

Who's to say Staal doesn't become an eastern Joe Thornton and just keep playing because he can and he loves it here?

This made me smile.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Quinn will be a Sabre next year. Where he fits and how he develops is the big question. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Who's spot will he take... well, he'll take Cozens spot as Cozens becomes a center and the lines get juggled without Staal here. My guess is that means 3rd line rw behind olofsson and Reinhart to start. 

That's if he makes the team and doesn't go to the AHL first. 

tumblr_o28lo3UR6R1qcqbbso2_500.thumb.gif.343093a9a0168db9200eb609acbcfa6a.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Who's spot will he take... well, he'll take Cozens spot as Cozens becomes a center and the lines get juggled without Staal here. My guess is that means 3rd line rw behind olofsson and Reinhart to start. 

wouldn't be surprised if they threw him to the big dogs right away and played him with eichel

8 hours ago, chloewoj said:

wouldn't be surprised if they threw him to the big dogs right away and played him with eichel

It is possible. I am very curious to see Quinn this season and see where he is or has progressed too in this long offseason. If he adds about 10 lbs of muscle and has worked on his agility/edges, I think another OHL of rounding out his game will really elevate him. What do you think of the pick being new and coming after the draft? 

14 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Next year means next season. So whatever October 2021 is in your mind. 

I try to avoid using “next” or “year” when describing timelines in sports as everyone seems to have a different definition. 

I have this argument with my wife discussing “next” weekend.  To me, the weekend immediately after the current Friday is “this weekend”.  To her, this set of days is called “next weekend”.  It gets real squirrelly on Thursdays talking about “next weekend” that’s less than 48 hour away.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

With luck Staal is our 3C next year 🙂

50 minutes ago, inkman said:

I try to avoid using “next” or “year” when describing timelines in sports as everyone seems to have a different definition. 

I have this argument with my wife discussing “next” weekend.  To me, the weekend immediately after the current Friday is “this weekend”.  To her, this set of days is called “next weekend”.  It gets real squirrelly on Thursdays talking about “next weekend” that’s less than 48 hour away.  

You are correct, Inky.

You can tell your wife that I said so.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

47 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You are correct, Inky.

You can tell your wife that I said so.

image.thumb.png.4237a8dffa40f175df383e24c8a7eade.png

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

• Thanks (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I’ll tell her.  

This is ***** obnoxious. Who the ***** are you? 

Maybe some of those good posters would come back and we could have those good discussions again if you weren’t allowed to delete/move/ban others and then post trash like this.

Self moderate mother *****.

2 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

People are seriously on edge these days.  As someone whose posts have gotten unfairly moved numerous times to a political forum I don’t belong to, I still found the joke funny.

It’s not funny in any universe. In my world wife jokes are way over the line and get you a fat lip.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I’ll tell her.  

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

This is ***** obnoxious. Who the ***** are you? 

Maybe some of those good posters would come back and we could have those good discussions again if you weren’t allowed to delete/move/ban others and then post trash like this.

Self moderate mother *****.

Didn’t bother me.  🤷🏼

• Like (+1) 1

• LGR4GM locked and unlocked this topic
  • LGR4GM locked this topic