Sabres, 8th overall pick: Jack Quinn

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

I guess it came to the question of who drove the offense better: Quinn v. Rossi?

My question is --- is Quinn one of the older draftees? I have to do some research, but at first blush it appears so.

Yeah they said if he was 4 days older he would probably be a 3rd /4th round pick

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Rossi did by every metric we have. I don't like it. There were at least 3 better forwards available and they prioritized a position and size. 

The draft is about what you think they are going to do, not what they did.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, SwampD said:

The draft is about what you think they are going to do, not what they did.

Historically speaking players who have scored more in the previous 2 years score more in the NHL so... sorry what was your point again?

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Right but again they're either lying about what they believe in analytic wise, or they have different analytics 

Maybe they see more upside due to the rapid development last year?

1 minute ago, sodbuster said:

I don't like when a last name starts with the same sound as the end of the first name. Should I pause between names? Should I just mash the whole name into one? Absolute disaster unless he takes a nickname quickly.

It’s 2020. Q seems to fit. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I guess it came to the question of who drove the offense better: Quinn v. Rossi?

My question is --- is Quinn one of the older draftees? I have to do some research, but at first blush it appears so.

Quinn is one of the older prospects, but so is Rossi, kind of a wash in that regard.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

and you guys thought Jbot was a bad talent evaluator 

He was. 

Just now, Curt said:

Quinn is one of the older prospects, but so is Rossi, kind of a wash in that regard.

Except Rossi outperformed Quinn both last year and this year. 

This screams to the Pegula's seeing that we didn't score enough goals, and going for a one dimensional player in Jack Quinn.  Quinn is a quality hockey player and a first round talent, but this is such a ***** microcosm of how terrible this team is run.  The Pegula's made this pick, our GM is a puppet and I ***** hate this team.  @Pegulas get out the sport of hockey, you kill the fans every single year more and more.  I hate this selection. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Rossi did by every metric we have. I don't like it. There were at least 3 better forwards available and they prioritized a position and size. 

I can remember what you've been saying about prospects but can't about Quinn.  I know you have heavy leans toward proven stats backed up with historical data..  Is that your biggest issue with Quinn?  That he's such a wildcard vs proven?