Sabres, 8th overall pick: Jack Quinn

LGR4GM

Just now, Weave said:

Perfetti is such a lousy hockey name.  He won't amount to much with a name like that.  Quinn?  Quinn is a hockey name.  This kid's future is so bright we'll be wearing shades.

See my note above. (Also at the time Perfetti was ranked #3 so I didn't even bother to include him in the names list.)

7 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

So Quinn def doesn't play next season, so what are we trading for to make this team better. 

He’s an older draft pick, at a positional need, especially at the same position as a RFA of ours who will want to get paid.  You connect the dots... 

I agree. This has a TP stink to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://thehockeywriters.com/jack-quinn-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Quotables

“A late 2001-born, Quinn has improved significantly this year thanks to gains in his skating and strength on the puck. While his ticket to the league may be his shot and scoring ability, Quinn is an underrated two-way player who competes hard.” – Brock Otten, McKeen’s Hockey

“Quinn can certainly shoot it at a high level, but he’s also a player with a lot of skill and IQ. He can beat defenders with his hands, find teammates very well and score from a distance giving his game a lot of dimensions. The main reason for his sudden rise in prospect stock has been the continued improvement in his skating to being arguably above-average when it used to be a weakness for him. Quinn is solid off the puck, plays the penalty kill for Ottawa and is a player who coaches and scouts universally praise for all the dimensions in his game.” – Corey Pronman, The Athletic

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2020/04/25/jack-quinn-scouting-report/

Quinn’s goal-scoring ability, hard work, and effective two-way game give him the ability to become a top-line winger if he develops to his full potential. He could still get stronger and continue to improve on his skating so further development time is required. One more year at the OHL level, and perhaps a chance to compete in the World Juniors is on the horizon. Quinn’s game is reminiscent of Mark Stone of the Vegas Golden Knights, but this is a stylistic comparison only and not one based on talent or ability.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From Pronman 

Cryptic

6 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Some fun facts:

-one of oldest players in draft

-did not make AAA team until 15

-did not start training until 15 or 16

-needs work on skating

Sounds exactly like a sabres pick. F'd  as usual. So glad I gave up seasons

Cool. So nobody knows how good he’s going to be because he didn’t go through the “proper” hockey channels.

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Perfetti is such a lousy hockey name.  He won't amount to much with a name like that.  Quinn?  Quinn is a hockey name.  This kid's future is so bright we'll be wearing shades.

Sabres fans will be naming their sons Quinn in a few years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

They haven't said a bad word about any pick to this point.  My guess is they will go the entire 1st round with almost nothing but positive vibes for all picks.

To be fair, it's on a 5 second delay (I think, the T89 isn't working great).  NBC [EDIT NBC Sports!] doesn't want that FCC wrath.

Edited by Shmuffalo

If Quinn had produced more last season I would have far less concerns than I do. Is this kid what he was the last 3 months of the season or is that a blip. He's a dangerous pick, and he isn't the Pegula's pick. This is a Adams guy.