OT: Eddie Van Halen, RIP

That Aud Smell

12 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Pretty cool video of the VH sound check from Silver Stadium in Rochester back in 86. The one and only time I saw them live. BTO and Kim Mitchell opened up for them. I had forgotten about Sammy climbing the scaffolding to the top.....without safety equipment. Maybe because it was the one and only time I tried shrooms.

This was my first concert - I was 11 y/o and went with my older brothers and sister. It was crazy! I had been a big VH fan but was hooked from that point on. Went on to see VH whenever they came to the Buffalo area -- Darien Lakes, HSBC; even Boston when Gary Cherone was the lead. One of the great memories I have of my younger days was attending all these events with my brothers.

Always had considered Eddie the best at his trade. RIP Edward.

And although, I am a fan of Alex, I always thought Neil Peart was the best drummer in the world. I cannot believe they're both gone this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.