Proposed NHL start date: January 1

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

No way it's a full season

If they were smart, they would do a 62 game season (should be this anyways) and they would have everything be done as a series. So if you are going to play Detroit 3 times, you play them 3 times all in the same place in a row. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Radar said:

I'll be surprised if there is a season at all.

There will be a season unless they don’t have to pay the players at all. Even in empty stadiums they make some amount of money from advertising which is more than cancelling the season and merely taking a loss.

36 minutes ago, WildCard said:

No way it's a full season

I’d guess they will cut inter-conference games    and likely end up with a season around 55 to 65 games.

3.5 months for the season and then a regular playoff would start in mid to late April. Then use 9/10 weeks for the playoffs. Go on off on off etc and it should be very possible. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If they were smart, they would do a 62 game season (should be this anyways) and they would have everything be done as a series. So if you are going to play Detroit 3 times, you play them 3 times all in the same place in a row. 

Curious, you think it should be that permanently?

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

I believe there will be some sort of hybrid season where they start with multiple bubbles before returning to their own arenas to finish season. One thing is definite, they will finish before NBC starts Olympic coverage.

You don't think they'll play into August? 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Ya, no. I thought the plan was potentially to play through the summer again, like this year?

No, they will have no television platform once Olympics start. They will end one way or the other by end of June, mid July. (I think Olympics start 7/22)

Just now, pi2000 said:

They'll need to start in a half-dozen bubble cities.. play a few weeks in each bubble then rotate.  

I could see then playing entire non conference schedule in bubble although I have also heard thoughts of playing all divisional games except one home and one road.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.