2020 NHL Draft 1st Round

WildCard

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

The link is much stronger than that.

“The Red Wings, of course, have the fourth pick despite having by far the league’s worst record this season. The team already has a relationship with Perfetti.

Detroit’s amateur scouting director, Kris Draper, is partners with Brandon Bordeaux, whose family has billeted Perfetti for the last two seasons, Wings senior vice president Jimmy Devellano and former Detroit goalie and Red Wings TV analyst Chris Osgood have an ownership stake in the Spirit. And Perfetti has been working out with former Detroit conditioning coach Pete Renzetti.“

So if they don't take him are we to be concerned?

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Final prediction for the draft:

1. Lafrienere
  2. Stuetzle
  3. Byfield
  4. Perfetti
  5. Raymond
  6. Drysdale
  7. Sanderson (maybe Holtz)
  8. Rossi
  9. Lundell
  10. Zary
  11. Holtz (if still available)

Per our previous discussions, I sincerely hope so.

1. Lafreniere goes 1
  2. Stuetzle and Byfield, go next.
  3. ^
  4. DET gets their pick of Perfetti/Raymond and OTT takes the other.  There's a small chance DET or OTT reaches for Rossi.  If I'm wrong and any of them fall to 8, we take them, but if Perfetti or Raymond get to 7, NJD will likely grab them instead.
  5. ^
  6. At 6, Anaheim goes D.  They either get Drysdale (likely) or Sanderson.
  7. If ANA takes Sanderson, NJD will take Drysdale if Perfetti or Raymond haven't fallen.  If ANA takes Drysdale and Perfetti/Raymond are gone, NJD will have to decide between Sanderson or one of Rossi/Lundell/Holtz/Quinn.
  8. For us, that likely leaves us: one of Sanderson/Rossi/Lundell/Holtz/Quinn minus the NJD pick.  We'll be happy, but I'm of the opinion Rossi is the best and most exciting player of this bunch, so we want him.

2 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Per our previous discussions, I sincerely hope so.

1. Lafreniere goes 1
  2. Stuetzle and Byfield, go next.
  3. ^
  4. DET gets their pick of Perfetti/Raymond and OTT takes the other.  There's a small chance DET or OTT reaches for Rossi.  If I'm wrong and any of them fall to 8, we take them, but if Perfetti or Raymond get to 7, NJD will likely grab them instead.
  5. ^
  6. At 6, Anaheim goes D.  They either get Drysdale (likely) or Sanderson.
  7. If ANA takes Sanderson, NJD will take Drysdale if Perfetti or Raymond haven't fallen.  If ANA takes Drysdale and Perfetti/Raymond are gone, NJD will have to decide between Sanderson or one of Rossi/Lundell/Holtz/Quinn.
  8. For us, that likely leaves us: one of Sanderson/Rossi/Lundell/Holtz/Quinn minus the NJD pick.  We'll be happy, but I'm of the opinion Rossi is the best and most exciting player of this bunch, so we want him.

I think it will unfold very much like this.

One of the D could also go 4/5, which might push one of Raymond/Perfetti down as well.

But if Rossi gets by Ottawa, I think he's ours. If not, it's likely our choice of Lundell, Quinn, Hotlz or a defenceman.

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think it will unfold very much like this.

One of the D could also go 4/5, which might push one of Raymond/Perfetti down as well.

But if Rossi gets by Ottawa, I think he's ours. If not, it's likely our choice of Lundell, Quinn, Hotlz or a defenceman.

I think Sanderson could go to Ottawa at 5 (maybe Drysdale). It is a complete crapshoot once you get to picks 5, 6, 7. 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

That'll be tomorrow. 

Seems like a big reach for the Jets. 

Not gonna lie this would be hilarious. 

I think the Jets reach for whatever center they have listed at the top of their board. I could be 100% wrong on that though. 

4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

The fact so many on this board are so high on Rossi means other gms will likely feel the same and I’m assuming he won’t be there.  

Last year I had a player 26th who went 50something, NHL scouts look at things differently on a lot of teams. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think the Jets reach for whatever center they have listed at the top of their board. I could be 100% wrong on that though. 

Last year I had a player 26th who went 50something, NHL scouts look at things differently on a lot of teams. 

Consensus gives us a false sense of where players are. Team by team the lists are very different. 
There are probably teams that have Sanderson at 5 and Holtz at 15 and vice versa and the discrepancies get bigger the farther down you go.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Consensus gives us a false sense of where players are. Team by team the lists are very different. 
There are probably teams that have Sanderson at 5 and Holtz at 15 and vice versa and the discrepancies get bigger the farther down you go.

Zachary Senyshyn went in the mid 1st round when no one had him even in the top of the 2nd. 

6 minutes ago, Derrico said:

The fact so many on this board are so high on Rossi means other gms will likely feel the same and I’m assuming he won’t be there.  

Hard to tell.  GMs, scouts, and analytics personnel are going to look at best-player-available (based on their own metrics and perception), their prospect pool, organizational needs and playing styles.

What I do know, based on process of elimination, is that if Drysdale and Sanderson are taken before 8, there will be one or more very good forwards available.

I really want to see Rossi in a Sabres uniform flying around in 2021-22, not waiting for Sanderson until at least 2022-23.

Just now, Trettioåtta said:

There is almost always a rogue choice within the first 7 picks that is a surprise

Moritz Seider

Barrett Hayton

Lias Anderson (I think?)

Olli Juolevi

Zarchary Senyshyn (outside top 7 but weird pick)

1 minute ago, IKnowPhysics said:

If there is, it helps us/gives us more options.

There will be in this draft because of what players in the 4-15 range are. 

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You make a good point for why carrying about who they pick shouldn't even matter (with obvious extreme exceptions). It takes the fun out of it, but you are probably right. 

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

But without consensus we would not have post-draft hysteria

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You make a good point for why carrying about who they pick shouldn't even matter (with obvious extreme exceptions). It takes the fun out of it, but you are probably right. 

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

But without consensus we would not have post-draft hysteria

Exactly. 

28 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Hard to tell.  GMs, scouts, and analytics personnel are going to look at best-player-available (based on their own metrics and perception), their prospect pool, organizational needs and playing styles.

What I do know, based on process of elimination, is that if Drysdale and Sanderson are taken before 8, there will be one or more very good forwards available.

I really want to see Rossi in a Sabres uniform flying around in 2021-22, not waiting for Sanderson until at least 2022-23.

Agree with your last sentence but the teams before us may feel the same way.

4 hours ago, Gabrielor said:

Alexis Lafrenière LW L
Quinton Byfield C L
Marco Rossi C L
Lucas Raymond RW R
Anton Lundell C L
Jake Sanderson D L
Tim Stützle LW L
Jamie Drysdale D

R

Just give me one of these 8.

I really like this.  Looks a lot like mine.  I would sneak Jarvis up into that purple tier though.  Askarov too, but don’t want Buffalo to pick him.

29 minutes ago, WildCard said:

26 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So he's working remotely from an already remote working of the draft?

I want so many screens between Yzerman and the pick, that his own hockey department can’t even find him among the Norton’s antivirus pop ups.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.