National Clorox Day... Trump announces he has Covid

North Buffalo

Not that I think that Trump is trustworthy, but it seems highly unlikely that he would fake this.

To fake being sick would be a 180 departure from what Trump has tried to project from the start.

He has always tried to project the image of being ultra strong, energetic, healthy, and in control.  Strong man stuff.

In addition, the rising number of people in White House leadership who are now being confirmed as COVID positive, makes it seem even more unlikely.  What is it, 10+ people now, including some members of the White House media.  I really doubt that all these people are faking an outbreak.

I don’t even understand why he would fake this.  Why would it benefit him?  What’s the hypothetical motive?

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

ABC chyron:  *According to the White House*, Trump is being treated with an "experimental cocktail" (their words) of drugs to treat COVID-19.

Yeah.  They're going to use the President of the United States as the guinea pig.

(I don't like cable news.  Broadcast news, I trust.  Your mileage may vary.)

And that is indicative of bootlicking, if you want to keep going at it.  You have offered nothing of substance to the conversation today, just some name-calling.

Put your dukes up or sit down.

Huh?

Anyhoo:

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Huh?

Anyhoo:

Ok, MAYBE it's real.  What about the "experimental cocktail" quote?  Did the WH lie, did ABC screw up, or are they really trying out an "experimental cocktail" of drugs on the President of the United States?

Edited by Eleven

^

Ha. Yeah. With those numbers, it’s like a mini-version of the moon landing hoax conspiracy. The number of people who would need to keep the conspiracy confidential grows exponentially from that number of reportedly infected people. It’s implausible.

46 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

Ha. Yeah. With those numbers, it’s like a mini-version of the moon landing hoax conspiracy. The number of people who would need to keep the conspiracy confidential grows exponentially from that number of reportedly infected people. It’s implausible.

Agree at this point.  There now are enough people that my mind has changed.  It's equally implausible that any type of experimental treatment will be used.

The Commission on Presidential Debates and/or Biden needs to use this to make the next debate virtual.  That takes care of two problems:  It stops the spread of the virus and it stops the interruptions.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Ok, MAYBE it's real.  What about the "experimental cocktail" quote?  Did the WH lie, did ABC screw up, or are they really trying out an "experimental cocktail" of drugs on the President of the United States?

It’s out there in the news exactly what treatments he has had.  They are drugs that are in clinical trials but not yet approved for general distribution by the FDA.  It’s not brand new stuff that they mixed up real quick in the back room just for Trump.  Thousands of people have already had these treatments.

He received a “cocktail” of two antibody treatments made by Regeneron, which are both in clical trial and have had encouraging preliminary results.

He also received Remdesivir, an antiviral drug developed by Gilead Sciences.  It is a previously developed drug that has been given emergency FDA approval for use against COVID.  The actual effectiveness against COVID hasn’t really been proven, but it’s a safe drug that’s been around for a while and tried against other viruses.

Edited by Curt

39 minutes ago, Curt said:

It’s out there in the news exactly what treatments he has had.  They are drugs that are in clinical trials but not yet approved for general distribution by the FDA.  It’s not brand new stuff that they mixed up real quick in the back room just for Trump.  Thousands of people have already had these treatments.

He received a “cocktail” of two antibody treatments made by Regeneron, which are both in clical trial and have had encouraging preliminary results.

He also received Remdesivir, an antiviral drug developed by Gilead Sciences.  It is a previously developed drug that has been given emergency FDA approval for use against COVID.  The actual effectiveness against COVID hasn’t really been proven, but it’s a safe drug that’s been around for a while and tried against other viruses.

That's exactly what I had thought.  Not sure why ABC ran a chyron stating that the WH said otherwise.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Chris Christie. Hope his doctors are better than Trump’s, because he has one glaring issue that Trump doesn’t have to worry about.

What is Christie's health issue that Trump doesn't share?  I don't remember that much about Christie's personal life.

22 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Seriously?!

B569FC45-CBA7-4D37-B215-4D85BE77C56B.jpeg

I thought that might be what you meant, but Trump isn't exactly svelte, either, and his diet is most assuredly worse than Christie's.

Edited by Eleven

So I have seen talk that trump tested positive the day after the debate. They told nobody and for the next day and a half he attended a rally, a private donor event, and multiple meetings.

In typical fashion of his administration it seems that they tried to cover it all up but because of his reckless incompetence it spread so far and so fast it became impossible

2 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

So I have seen talk that trump tested positive the day after the debate. They told nobody and for the next day and a half he attended a rally, a private donor event, and multiple meetings.

In typical fashion of his administration it seems that they tried to cover it all up but because of his reckless incompetence it spread so far and so fast it became impossible

Says who?

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Says who?

the initial timeline reported by 2 doctors. of course both had to issue statements correcting themselves and putting things in line with the white houses reported timeline

correction. same doctor 2 different statements that he corrected to be in line with the WH timeline

Edited by drnkirishone
read the damned correction

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

Just because something isn’t approved yet doesn’t mean it is a beaker of bubbling green potion with unknown ingredients. 

10 hours ago, SDS said:

Just because something isn’t approved yet doesn’t mean it is a beaker of bubbling green potion with unknown ingredients. 

Yeah that's the explanation I needed.  I didn't exactly think Miracle Max was involved.

Edited by Eleven

On 10/5/2020 at 5:17 AM, drnkirishone said:

Sooo, how do you spin locking people in a SUV with an infectious individual so that said individual can do a stupid drive by waving? How do you spin that as a positive?

You re-release something you released a long time ago along with a bunch of other stuff that your own administration couldn’t find anything wrong with so that lay people who don’t know what they’re doing can pull quotes from documents they shouldn’t be reading.

5 hours ago, SDS said:

You re-release something you released a long time ago along with a bunch of other stuff that your own administration couldn’t find anything wrong with so that lay people who don’t know what they’re doing can pull quotes from documents they shouldn’t be reading.

Wait!!! Are you telling me Jimmy paige is re-releasing the zeppelin discography yet again?! That *****!!