National Clorox Day... Trump announces he has Covid

North Buffalo

On second thought, I am having doubts that he actually has COVID.  (1) He never has been honest about his health.  (2)  He is trailing in key states.  (3)  He needs to look like a miracle worker.  (4) His handlers want him away from debates for a while. (5)  "Hey, I beat COVID with HCQ!"  (6)  Election.

Just now, Eleven said:

On second thought, I am having doubts that he actually has COVID.  (1) He never has been honest about his health.  (2)  He is trailing in key states.  (3)  He needs to look like a miracle worker.  (4) His handlers want him away from debates for a while. (5)  "Hey, I beat COVID with HCQ!"  (6)  Election.

I would agree except Malania was also pulled in and they aren't exactly friends so I think she would have been left out. Also his main way of gaining support is his rallies so this seems like counterproductive to what he would want. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I would agree except Malania was also pulled in and they aren't exactly friends so I think she would have been left out. Also his main way of gaining support is his rallies so this seems like counterproductive to what he would want. 

Melania knows who punches her ticket.  And he'll hold virtual rallies for two weeks.

Edited by Eleven

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He's going to recover from it, and throw it in everyone's face about how it's not a big deal, and we need to open up and all that. 

This is the most likely outcome. They probably caught it really early which means they can start treatment before it replicates. This will greatly increase his chances, he may not even get sick and then he will go on tour saying how it isn't bad and it is easy blah blah blah. 

• Like (+1) 1

Reports now saying he has mild symptoms and is taking Plavix for clotting issues.   Only thing is with my experience and I know it varies, but I was not unique... fever started for 2 days otherwise not bad... went away for a day then came back full force and symptoms were scary for four days before subsiding.

Goood twitter joke... Liberals now believe in God and Republicans in science...

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Several other leading Republicans now reportedly testing positive. NFW this is a hoax — they’ve got a super spreader in their midst.

That’s how this thing spreads, evidently. Like 1 in 6 or 7 (?) who have it account for 80%+ of all transmissions.

I see stories about Republicans being tested, not testing positive; I must not be looking at the same sources as you.

My reasons are above.  This guy has never, ever been truthful about his health (or anything else); why start now?

I can understand the ease with which it comes to not believe anything, but I think the scope of it makes it harder to go that route.  I'm definitely in the "not giving a crap" category.  

This is the virus, this is how it works.  I've not the time to wonder the implications to the process, but then again I already hate the process.  I already think we'll end up with a bad president.. so I guess I'm just to the point where let's get it over with so we can move on with the next level of hell the US is bound to descend to.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I see stories about Republicans being tested, not testing positive; I must not be looking at the same sources as you.

My reasons are above.  This guy has never, ever been truthful about his health (or anything else); why start now?

Sorry I can't cite names chapter and verse right now. But the people I've seen reported as testing positive include the chair of the RNC, a Republican senator, and just now the president of Notre Dame. All of them were contact-traced from the SCOTUS nominee's event at the White House. There was a super spreader there, no diggity.

Also, not for nothing, I recall the Notre Dame president apologizing earlier this week for not having worn a mask at the event. Then again, wearing an ordinary mask is intended to reduce the risk you pose to others -- not to protect yourself from infection. But, whatever. I'm sure there was a whole bunch of people not wearing masks at that event. Including the super-spreader!

3 hours ago, LTS said:

Minimum 4 years, barring extenuating circumstances.  🙂

I don't think either one lives through the term.  We are voting for VPs.

In other news, Trump walked to the helicopter with a thumbs up, saluted his Marine, and showed absolutely no signs of sickness, other than his usual problems with his gait and his right shoulder.  The helicopter had been grounded for at least 50 minutes (that's starting from when I got to a TV to watch news), when a motorcade would take about 15 to get from 1600 to Walter Reed.  

A very close friend, who makes Krauthammer look liberal, is in total agreement (he partially bases this on the Doomsday planes being up in the air early this morning; I don't pretend to know anything about that) that this is Trumpian BS at its finest.

Also note that Melania is not hospitalized, nor is anyone else associated with Trump, at least as far as the news is concerned.

Edited by Eleven

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Trump is being taken to Walter Reed for admission, will be there for a few days per WH

Historically speaking, this is a serious development.

50 minutes ago, Eleven said:

In other news, Trump walked to the helicopter with a thumbs up, saluted his Marine, and showed absolutely no signs of sickness, other than his usual problems with his gait and his right shoulder.  The helicopter had been grounded for at least 50 minutes (that's starting from when I got to a TV to watch news), when a motorcade would take about 15 to get from 1600 to Walter Reed.  

A very close friend, who makes Krauthammer look liberal, is in total agreement (he partially bases this on the Doomsday planes being up in the air early this morning; I don't pretend to know anything about that) that this is Trumpian BS at its finest.

Also note that Melania is not hospitalized, nor is anyone else associated with Trump, at least as far as the news is concerned.

This is indicative of some form of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

• Like (+1) 2

ABC chyron:  *According to the White House*, Trump is being treated with an "experimental cocktail" (their words) of drugs to treat COVID-19.

Yeah.  They're going to use the President of the United States as the guinea pig.

(I don't like cable news.  Broadcast news, I trust.  Your mileage may vary.)

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Historically speaking, this is a serious development.

This is indicative of some form of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

And that is indicative of bootlicking, if you want to keep going at it.  You have offered nothing of substance to the conversation today, just some name-calling.

Put your dukes up or sit down.

Edited by Eleven

This isn't fake. 

Trump is a narcissist who's told ppl for 6 months that Covid isn't bad. He has cast Biden as fragile and himself as the picture of health. A metric ***** ton of ppl around him are sick with it too now. He's got it, don't start dealing in crazy Q level conspiracy theories. This is too elaborate to be fake, conspiracies breakdown the more ppl you add. Further it jeopardizes Trumps greatest strength, his ability to hold rallies. All the evidence says he has Covid and Michael Moore bs that he doesn't is just garbage.