Kevyn Adams Trades between now and 10/17

Broken Ankles

How many trades does GMKA make between now and October 17th?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many trades does GMKA make between now and October 17th?

2. 2. What are the type of trades?

• Sell D-Men for futures or draft picks
    • Hockey Trade with Montour/Risto/Miller as centerpiece
    • Goalie
    • Forward (Mittelstadt, Reino, Olofsson, or other)
    • #8 overall for another Center

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/18/2020 at 06:58 AM

In 2019 JB made three trades in or around Draft Day/Free Agency.  How many will KA make?   I feel like the organization has pressure to bring in more than just Staal.   I also believe in #cleanslate so I'll say 4 more deals are done between now and October 17th.  None will include the eighth overall.  Vegas over-under has it set at 2.5 (not including the Staal deal).  

jb.thumb.JPG.b9d6efbaebebbf663355d39770acd1cc.JPG

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

A second and a 5th to Vegas for Miller when Krueger barely played him looks so bad. 

If Montour is moved and Miller gets his playing time then that deal becomes more palatable. It seems as if Krueger has an appreciation of Risto that will result in another blue liner being moved out. If that transpires then I hope the departing asset brings back a good forward. 

• He has to acquire a Larsson replacement.
  • He should acquire a LD who can kill penalties.
  • He should acquire another top six forward
  • He has indicated he wants to add to our ability to grind
  • He should be at least kicking tires on a goalie
  • He has too many RHDs and a ton of cap space
  • He has five forwards and five defencemen under contract

I think there will be a trade where we take on someone's big salary at a low asset cost, and I think a RHD will be moved out.

So at least 2 deals. But with free agency maybe 4 or 5 moves.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:
  • He has to acquire a Larsson replacement.
  • He should acquire a LD who can kill penalties.
  • He should acquire another top six forward
  • He has indicated he wants to add to our ability to grind
  • He should be at least kicking tires on a goalie
  • He has too many RHDs and a ton of cap space
  • He has five forwards and five defencemen under contract

I think there will be a trade where we take on someone's big salary at a low asset cost, and I think a RHD will be moved out.

So at least 2 deals. But with free agency maybe 4 or 5 moves.

Depending on the meaning of that lower cost mandate, it may be a higher cap hit player who has lower salary requirements.

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Bad on who though because Miller isn't a different player. Bad on Botterill for getting a player that didn't fit his coach or bad on the coach for not being able to make use of a good player?

Doesn't have to be bad on anyone.  You can have a good GM, a good coach, and a good player, and it's perfectly ok for it not to work out.  Learn and move on: move the player, change their role/usage, or change the team/line tactics/strategy to fit their existing role. 

9 hours ago, inkman said:

5th round pick are barely more than useless. Second's gave what, less than 50% chance of playing 100 games?  

Right, who cares.

- - - 

It's not about the potential player the pick could have been used on, really - it's about a poor value transaction based on what a package of two picks could have normally fetched. Cashing them in to add to a positional surplus, weakening the value of other assets in the process, all the while proving to not be on the same page with the coach in question...

bad. 

7 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Bad on who though because Miller isn't a different player. Bad on Botterill for getting a player that didn't fit his coach or bad on the coach for not being able to make use of a good player?

Yes. 

Edited by Thorny

5 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Doesn't have to be bad on anyone.  You can have a good GM, a good coach, and a good player, and it's perfectly ok for it not to work out.  Learn and move on: move the player, change their role/usage, or change the team/line tactics/strategy to fit their existing role. 

Don't buy this. There were plenty of signs it wasn't going to work out, primarily the fact that Botterill HAD to have been aware of the fact he had created a surplus he didn't see to mitigating in a timely fashion before the season started. 

He held on too long and failed to play his hand, he didn't put his newly acquired asset in a position to find success, after paying reasonably to get him. I have to laugh slightly at the "well, who cares" narrative surrounding a highly questionable move from an objectively bad GM. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.