Offseason News 2020-21 (Non-Sabres Edition)

Brawndo

23 hours ago, Eleven said:

Lundqvist is like the James Bond of hockey when it comes to this.

Agree - he played both shaken and stirred in his last playoff appearance.

Apologies to Thorny for his beating me to the Imlach. 

On 10/1/2020 at 8:11 PM, Andrew Amerk said:

Maybe, but Hutts is more personable. 

Maybe - I've never met him.

The King? I've seen him. vavavoom!

Edited by Leaf Blower
didn't see thorny's response first posted
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/1/2020 at 8:48 AM, LGR4GM said:

I believe Rossi should be put in the NHL now. He's been training for 6 months for the physical part and is already 19. Cozens is only 7 months older. 

If Rossi is ready, isn’t it reasonable to think the Cozens who has also been training for months and is 7 months older is also ready?

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

5 x 5m for Lehner is a bit of a deal, no?

I hate Vegas...

Dumb contract.   He will let them down

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If Rossi is ready, isn’t it reasonable to think the Cozens who has also been training for months and is 7 months older is also ready?

Dumb contract.   He will let them down

What would you consider a letdown?

4 hours ago, Curt said:

Big contract for a goalie.  Especially one without a long track record of success as a starter.  

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=120942

Not bad if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Then trade Miller or Risto and keep Montour.  He isn’t a cap dump either

It'll be interesting. In theory I'd say they should simply trade the one who will provide the largest return, but I don't think Risto is on the block in any way. I could see it being a thing where we end up trading one of Montour or Miller for a low level return, a mid-round pick, where the cap space gained is the most noteworthy positive aspect. He's certainly not a cap dump and that's not what the deal would be reflecting, merely the idea that we may NEED that $ to upgrade in another area, creating a situation where we "lose" the deal but improve the team. 

I don't think entering into the season with all of Risto, Montour, and Miller and their corresponding salaries still here is one of the better courses of action. 

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Not much action around the league yet, and we're only about 44 hours from the draft, innit?

I think the NHL is facing a financial crisis I think they’ll be very few moves made and the only trade moves made will be money out for money in contracts  I think most teams will be spending very close toward the floor rather than the cap. 

8 minutes ago, freester said:

I think the NHL is facing a financial crisis I think they’ll be very few moves made and the only trade moves made will be money out for money in contracts  I think most teams will be spending very close toward the floor rather than the cap. 

Cap floor is only $60M.  You think most teams will be below $70M?

37 minutes ago, Curt said:

Cap floor is only $60M.  You think most teams will be below $70M?

Yes. I think UFA will get very little. There will be virtually no signing bonuses Many RFA will not get tendered and teams will avoid arbitration by walking away from contracts. 

Edited by freester

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Donato that bad to only get a 3rd rounder for him ? 

Never undervalue the value others place in the mystery box. 

All draft picks are overrated. Every single one of them. Saying that as someone who loves following the draft process. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.