Sabres Embedded Series Debuts on Monday

Brawndo

27 minutes ago, Digger said:

I thought it was a good video overall.  Obviously edited to their favor.  We don't get much insight into the trade proposal process and you get a glimpse of that during the draft.

It was nice to see that Reinhart called back after the initial trade call to say thank you to Adams and the Sabres wishing them well.

+1 on the bold.  Integrity.  

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The Sam stuff made me sad.

With the franchise in better hands he could have been one of those guys who will always be a Sabre like a Robert or a Pominville.

I honestly believe had Botts been fired within the prior season Reinhart would of been a long term Sabres player. You could honestly tell both Reinhart and Adams were sad at what ended up happening. Hell, if COVID hadn't happened, yet Botts was still fired, I think we'd of signed Reinhart long term. Perhaps like Pominville someday he'll return 🙂 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

When you hear KA say, I think we have to take this because its the best offer.     Seems the market on Reinhart was slow, unless it was about the risto trade but he was talking about zito just before so I figure its about Reihart.

I gotta re-watch, but I thought it was about Risto.

There was a lot of time-jump editing in there. The almost avoided opportunities for us to build a concrete narrative, they just piled on a lot of tantalizing snippets and created an impression.

13 hours ago, Brawndo said:

They offered 14 and Reinhart if Their Guy was still there. Adams later clarified that if any of Their Guys ranked 2-7 were there, 14 and Reinhart was the offer. 

14 overall and Reinhart for a slightly higher pick in a weak draft. Dear Lord, Kevyn Adams

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

I really hope that in the next draft, with the picks they got, that they can find a, Reinhart type player.

You know what fans (and GMs intent on job security) like better than a 50-ish point Reinhart who doesn't skate blindingly fast?

A guy who might be Reinhart in a few years. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

When you hear KA say, I think we have to take this because its the best offer.     Seems the market on Reinhart was slow, unless it was about the risto trade but he was talking about zito just before so I figure its about Reihart.

So there was a deadline on the Reinhart deal. Wonder what the deadline on Jack's is. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

14 overall and Reinhart for a slightly higher pick in a weak draft. Dear Lord, Kevyn Adams

You rejected 14 overall and Sam Reinhart for a chance to take (Clarke, Johnson, Hughes, Edvinsson...?) Dear lord, Rob Blake, Jarmo K, Stevie Y...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You rejected 14 overall and Sam Reinhart for a chance to take (Clarke, Johnson, Hughes, Edvinsson...?) Dear lord, Rob Blake, Jarmo K, Stevie Y...

Oh ya, it looks really bad on them, too. 

I'll maintain my consistency of argument here - GMs overvalue draft picks. By a long shot.

And Adams showing his hubris by thinking paying that ridiculous price to move up to get *his* guy would pay off is pretty eye-roll inducing 

It looked like they loved Power all along but knew the odds were they weren't going to get him.

They outright said they put a ton of work into determining the next best guy.

If you choose to believe the whispers, that guy was Eklund.

Eklund > Rosen, Levi, 2022 late 1st? I could see it, or at least see a team thinking it.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Brawndo said:

They offered 14 and Reinhart if Their Guy was still there. Adams later clarified that if any of Their Guys ranked 2-7 were there, 14 and Reinhart was the offer. 

Seems odd that this was rejected by the other team but..................there may have been another piece or player or prospect involved from the other team that was not mentioned.  We are making some assumptions on this trade proposal.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Reinhart chose to leave. He got the best offer. 

They wanted someone high in the draft they did diligence on instead of Power. Didn’t get it. 

Terry and Kim didn’t talk much. Kevyn seemed in control.

I don’t think I’ve seen them say anything more than “welcome to Buffalo” in these videos.

The PR team is very cognizant of the “meddlers” reputation it seems. I wonder how different the reality is before the editors get ahold of the tape.

The war room seemed packed to me and there were another half-dozen guys on zoom (including the “new” scout we just hired, so maybe that’s actually old news) I think it might be time to put to rest the memes of a skeleton hockey department.

33 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don’t think I’ve seen them say anything more than “welcome to Buffalo” in these videos.

The PR team is very cognizant of the “meddlers” reputation it seems. I wonder how different the reality is before the editors get ahold of the tape.

The war room seemed packed to me and there were another half-dozen guys on zoom (including the “new” scout we just hired, so maybe that’s actually old news) I think it might be time to put to rest the memes of a skeleton hockey department.

Sure that’s fair, editing can do a lot. But it’s clear he carried the room even still. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

He asked for Karmanos for His Input quite a bit and challenged Forton when he was talking about Power. Both positives in My Opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.