Sabres Embedded Series Debuts on Monday

Brawndo

17 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I just can't watch these self-indulgent fests when they've done nothing to earn any sort of respect. Just seems like wrapping up sht in a pretty package.

Very fair point and there are times I definitely feel that too. I would rather see this then nothing at all.

Call me an optimist, but i just get a sense that Kevyn Adams has a good grip on the GM position

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Call me an optimist, but i just get a sense that Kevyn Adams has a good grip on the GM position

That, more than anything else, is the purpose of these videos.

I think it is one of best marketing moves the team has made in the Pegula era.

Nothing but on-ice results are going to work for show-me types like @WildCard and @Weave.

But for those of us looking for some reason to believe, it can awaken something.

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Very fair point and there are times I definitely feel that too. I would rather see this then nothing at all.

Well, especially if KA does it by committee. He doesn’t have that big ego and thinks he’s the smartest and most informed person in the room. As long as he continues (what seems to be) that mindset, he hopefully will continue to grow and improve and hit more “home runs” with trades, signings, drafts etc... 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

I just can't watch these self-indulgent fests when they've done nothing to earn any sort of respect. Just seems like wrapping up sht in a pretty package.

You think getting Hall deserves no respect and is crap in a pretty package?

Just now, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Not that the Sabres deserve the benefit of the doubt, but that seems unduly harsh to me.

They got a good player, yeah. They've done that in previous offseasons too. To me it's a lot of fanfare and self-indulgent PR moves to show the fans how smart and dedicated the Sabres are and why we should buy in when the product on the ice hasn't reflected that in almost a decade. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I thought it was a good video overall.  Obviously edited to their favor.  We don't get much insight into the trade proposal process and you get a glimpse of that during the draft.

It was nice to see that Reinhart called back after the initial trade call to say thank you to Adams and the Sabres wishing them well.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.